Talk

Advanced search

Harry potter

(5 Posts)
knaffedoff Mon 02-Jan-17 19:26:03

Would you and did you allow your dc watch the harry potter films. Ds is 8 loved the first 2 but do I need to stop now?

StopShoutingAtYourBrother Mon 02-Jan-17 19:32:25

I'd say use your judgement. I know 6 yr olds who've watched them all and been fine (tho not sure they totally understood it tbh) and 8 yr olds who would be too scared to see the first one. Personally my 8 yr old has seen the first 3 but that will be it for a while now as the rest will be too scary ATM

merrymouse Mon 02-Jan-17 19:32:43

I would go as far as no. 3 and then have a break unless he really wants to watch the rest.

DD watched the later ones at that age (older brother), but honestly didn't get much out of them until she was older.

I wouldn't stop an 8 year old from watching the rest, but main characters start to die and the atmosphere becomes more encroaching evil empire and less lovely school feasts.

knaffedoff Mon 02-Jan-17 20:05:44

Thank you x

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:35:04

my dd aged 6 nearly 7 loved the first 2 films but wasn't very interested in the 3rd upwards I would let her watch them if she wanted to though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now