Talk

Advanced search

I have wine and no dp so.....

(45 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:36:44

Someone recommend me something to watch.

Have amazon prime. And Netflix and ssshhh don't say anything but I can download stuff too.

I'm into horrors (have seen many of those recommended here grin ) and psychological thrillers but will also settle for some kinda depressing/gritty drama

Anything really but cheesy romcoms and chick flicks..

Tia

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 18:40:38

Man in the High Castle? V good.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:41:15

Ooh what's it about...

Rubyslippers7780 Sat 17-Dec-16 18:41:27

Stranger things... or black mirror on netflix

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:42:53

Seen stranger things already...

Very good though..

Black mirror is on my list definitely but fir when Xmas is over and I'll have more time to watch episodes on a regular basis smile

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 18:42:55

Oh no that's a series. You want a film. Let me find my remote.

Trimble was depressing but brilliant. Not a horror and not really a thriller.

Spotlight very good journalism thriller with sexy Ruffalo and some other eye candy.

Erm....

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:44:34

Oh spotlight. Yes I've seen that. Very good!!!

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 18:45:33

Man in the High Castle is an alternate history thriller in which Hermany and Japan won WW2 and have split occupation of the US.

Set in the 50s/60s and focussed around a mystery and a splintered resistance movement. Very psychological and dark.

Best thing I saw all year and you have a whole series in hand with series 2 just starting now.

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 18:47:01

Trumbo not Trimble.

Yes it was wasn't it? Good we share taste. I'll stick MitHC as my recommendation then smile

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 18:47:34

Germany not Hermany 🙄 <slaps self>

Leatherboundanddown Sat 17-Dec-16 18:47:40

Black Mirror does not need to be watched as a series each episode is a separate story entirely, it is really brilliant.

n0ne Sat 17-Dec-16 18:50:53

My favourite horror of recent years is The Babadook - absolutely brilliant in a way you won't expect

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:51:55

It's OK I'm pretty good at deciphering typos--or id never understand what I've written either-- grin

Well I know black mirror is on Netflix and the trailer for MITHC said amazon exclusive? Does that mean it's on amazon?

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:53:11

n0ne

Sadly I think there is something wrong with me as I thought it was awful grin

Thank you for the suggestion though smilebrewcake

MrsJayy Sat 17-Dec-16 18:54:07

Filth it was on ch4 last week has James mcavoy in it v v V gritty I like Irvine Welsh books so loved it

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Sat 17-Dec-16 18:54:31

Krampus? It's a Christmas horror film. Surprisingly watchable I thought fwink.

ApocalypseNowt Sat 17-Dec-16 18:57:26

Following with interest.

I am in the exact same position smile

ApocalypseNowt Sat 17-Dec-16 18:58:38

Hush on Netflix is worth a watch. Horror/home invasion film about a deaf woman.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 18:59:22

What's filth about.

Don't do Xmas movies grin

I have to walk out when santa buddies gets put on..

More likely find me aliens bursting out chests and demons being exorcised than anything remotely heartwarming with a happy ending grin

TrionicLettuce Sat 17-Dec-16 19:00:15

I also hated The Babadook so I shall stick my neck out and suggest The Keep. It's weird, and cut to buggery (original cut was 210 minutes, the theatrical release was only 96) but I bloody love it.

It's directed by Michael Mann, has a decent cast (Jürgen Prochnow, Ian McKellan, Gabriel Byrne) and a brilliant soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 19:00:21

Seen hush! Very good. smile

MrsJayy Sat 17-Dec-16 19:01:55

Corrupt policeman with ishoos it smacks you about the head a bit but I enjoyed it quite graphic though

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 19:02:38

I don't mind graphic... I've seen the human centipede...grin

MrsJayy Sat 17-Dec-16 19:05:51

See if you can find it you will enjoy it

Manumission Sat 17-Dec-16 19:06:03

The Lives of Others and Jackie Brown are both on there. Have you seen those? Thrillers not horror but very good, both, in very different ways. Jackie Brown is Tarantino.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now