Advanced search

Poppy fields in the Antarctic/Arctic

(10 Posts)
AllTheRAGE Sat 17-Dec-16 00:46:24

Anyone with a better memory than mine - I'm trying to think of the name of a film I watched in the 90s where there was an important scene showing a field of bright red poppies in the snow - either Antarctica or maybe the Arctic.

Usually my visual memory is terrible too and I can't picture things at all but I often wonder what the film was as the image stays with me.

Any suggestions? I know it's not much to go on.

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 01:10:22

Following as wondering this too grin

I know this reply will be a huge disappointment lol

AllTheRAGE Sat 17-Dec-16 01:11:57

I couldn't believe it when someone replied! Honestly, I Google it every few years but am starting to wonder if I dreamt it.

EekAmIBonkers Sat 17-Dec-16 01:16:00

I think Soylent Green ends with pictures of poppies?

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 01:18:53

Bump the thread up tomorrow evening - will get more replies if you have no luck by then grin

EekAmIBonkers Sat 17-Dec-16 01:19:11

Nope, just googled it and it's distinctly non-snowy tulips. As you were.

AllTheRAGE Sat 17-Dec-16 01:20:28

Just looked at a synopsis and maybe I should watch Soylent Green anyway even if it's not the culprit... wink

EekAmIBonkers Sat 17-Dec-16 23:43:48

Oh it's a poignant film.

AllTheRAGE Sun 18-Dec-16 19:03:41

Have been trying and trying to remember - it may have been an alien film of some sort; almost certainly sci-fi. Ringing any bells with anyone on this board or is this a lost cause?

Michaelsmd Fri 15-Dec-17 02:22:32

For anyone still interested, the movie was The Arrival with Charlie Sheen. It's currently playing on HBO on demand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now