Talk

Advanced search

Nocturnal Animals

(4 Posts)
Average rating find out more
dannydevito Tue 08-Nov-16 10:09:44

Watched this last night - huge fan of Tom Ford following A Single Man but had read mixed things. Critics either loved or hated it.

I can see why - I loved it, but gosh. It's brutal. Visually stunning and an amazing score though. I'm not a big fan of Amy Adams but she was amazing - so was Jake Gyllenhaal.

Anyone else seen it?!

iisme Tue 08-Nov-16 12:14:49

Yes! I saw it last night. I agree that it was very brutal. The whole thing was so bleak. I though Amy Adams was great. Not sure I liked it though. The ending felt really unsatisfactory.

boilingkettle Sun 20-Nov-16 18:01:04

I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it - I came out of the cinema with a sore jaw I was so tense the whole way through it. On reflection though, I think it's a 5 star movie, full of amazing performances, but agree the ending felt unsatisfying. Brutal is a good word for the inner story, especially when contrasted with the restrained glossiness and superficiality of the 'real' world

freethebiscuit Mon 28-Nov-16 11:40:11

Loved it too, if that's the right word for something so dark. Creeped me right out. Had avoided reading too much about it beforehand and from the off it just shocked me. The on the road scene at the start is pretty much the stuff of my nightmares!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now