Talk

Advanced search

The Queen of Katwe

(7 Posts)
Average rating find out more
megletthesecond Tue 25-Oct-16 19:33:54

Saw it with the dc's (almost 10 and 8yrs) today.

Heartwarming story but not too Disney-fied. A few necessary scary moments. Possibly a touch too long. The dc's got the chess board out when they got home.

I'd give it four MN stars if I could figure out how to do it.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Tue 25-Oct-16 19:42:49

Queen Of Cat Wee?

She needs some enzyme cleaner.

Dancergirl Fri 28-Oct-16 23:48:21

I really want to see this with the dc, the trailer looked good. I can't find it on anywhere near me though, it came out last week right?

megletthesecond Sun 30-Oct-16 21:32:10

Yes. It's quite new. We saw it in our multiplex, maybe it's going to take a while to reach smaller chains.

HermioneWeasley Sun 30-Oct-16 21:34:59

Just the trailer made me cry

What did the kids make of it?

MsAmerica Wed 02-Nov-16 23:10:57

I expected to like it, but didn't. I mean, it was fine while I was watching, but I wan't moved to recommend it to anyone. If you think about it, you have someone who got lucky by having a talent for something that got her out of poverty. But she didn't really use that to reach for something greater (like a good education) and in fact she was very clear about focusing on the money - which isn't the attitude we usually associate with our movie heroes.

BagelGoesWalking Mon 14-Nov-16 21:41:43

Joffrey grin

This apparently came and went at my local cinema a couple of weeks ago. Will have to wait until it's on Sky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now