Does anyone else love the movie Harold and Maude

(9 Posts)
Average rating find out more
Dizzybintess Mon 25-Jul-16 22:17:45

I only discovered this movie this year and I am obsessed. It's an absolute gem of a movie, from the dark humour to the music and Maude who is the original manic pixie dream girl xx
Anyone else love it?

Onedaftmonkey Tue 02-Aug-16 00:28:24

Isnt it about a young boy obsessed with a geriatric lady and he looses his virginity to get? sounds a Bit peado to me. Sorry.

HedgehogHedgehog Tue 02-Aug-16 00:30:08

Yes i love it too! x

IPityThePontipines Tue 02-Aug-16 00:33:11

Yes, it's a proper rainy afternoon film and a real gem. Gorgeous soundtrack too.

RepentAtLeisure Tue 02-Aug-16 01:57:16

It's a gorgeous film, I love it.

MsAmerica Sun 07-Aug-16 20:39:58

I think it's a wonderful movie. I was watching it on TV again recently, and I have to admit that some bits don't hold up well - too excessive or too stilted. But overall, it's great fun - and unique. And even after multiple viewings, it manages to stay funny. For instance, I love the scene where the mother starts filling out the dating questionnaire for him, and pretty soon she's answering the questions about herself.

insancerre Sun 07-Aug-16 20:41:14

Yes, loved it since I saw it in the 80s

rachel70j Mon 08-Aug-16 12:36:17

Amazing movie, love it.

Cooroo Fri 12-Aug-16 05:51:45

Have loved it for years! Find it sad that people are put off by the age gap, which is of course the whole point. The book was good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now