Talk

Advanced search

the Secret Life of Pets - lovely,lovely,lovely

(14 Posts)
Average rating find out more
LaurieFairyCake Sun 26-Jun-16 23:24:51

Had the misfortune to see Independance Day 2 last night - dreadful film. No wit and charm like the first one. Totally unemotional.

But this evenings Secret Life of Pets had me and dh laughing every 2 minutes - probably laughed out loud 50 times

Yes, you will recognise your pets behaviour and expressesions but even those who don't have pets will be charmed by the story and the amazing graphics

gabsdot Mon 27-Jun-16 20:50:44

DD is dying to see this so I said I'd bring her. I'm glad it's nice.
I have to bring D's to independence day though. Boo.

iklboo Mon 27-Jun-16 20:53:34

So....in a choice of flu or Independence Day I got the best deal yesterday then (cough, splutter, sneeze, hack)?

BikeRunSki Mon 27-Jun-16 20:53:51

My friend and her 4 year old DD saw it yeaterday and both loved it. The 2 month old baby seemed to like it too!

I really want to see it with my DC (4, 7) trying to wait until summer hols.

CrazyDuchess Mon 27-Jun-16 20:54:17

I loved the bunny rabbit - so funny! Great film!

Onedaftmonkey Tue 02-Aug-16 00:36:52

Such a great film. Ds watches it daily. Along with angry birds. I know which I prefer. Love the cat. She reminds me of one I had years ago who worked out how to open the fridge. Kippers went missing and milk knocked over. Love the rabbit retribution. Hope he gets lots of hugs. Good vocal tallent. Worth it.

KipperTheFish Tue 02-Aug-16 01:02:12

Oh dear, I didn't enjoy it that much, and nor did ds, who is 5. I thought it was too long and not terribly funny. Just goes to show we all like different things...

BobTheCob Wed 03-Aug-16 21:22:00

I quite enjoyed it but thought it was very dark for small children. I took my pre-schooler yesterday and have been feeling awful ever since for potentially traumatising him. It was not at all what I expected having seen the trailer.

glenthebattleostrich Wed 03-Aug-16 21:25:37

DD, 6, loved it. I hated it.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Wed 03-Aug-16 21:27:58

RIP Ricky!!!
The five year old loved it

Boogers Wed 03-Aug-16 21:31:07

Took DS (12) and DD(7) to see it last Friday and they loved it! Even H said he enjoyed it.

However, the kids went to see Finding Dory today with their grandparents and they all said it wasn't that good.

Smartiepants79 Wed 03-Aug-16 21:33:33

I quite enjoyed it. Was a bit more 'actiony' than I was expecting and a lot of it went over the children's head. Was much more for older kids than under fives.

MadeinBelfast Wed 03-Aug-16 21:33:57

I agree Bob, I thought parts were really quite scary for preschoolers, I'm a bit surprised it was a U. I enjoyed it but it wasn't at all what I'd been expecting.

MsAmerica Sun 07-Aug-16 20:43:12

Sorry, but I rather disliked it. Probably laughed maybe twice. I think it did a mediocre job of showcasing pets, and took no advantage of the New York setting. Too complex for small children and not clever enough for adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now