Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Witch, don't waste your money

(6 Posts)
Bloodybridget Sat 19-Mar-16 12:16:20

I thought it sounded interesting but it was the most utter nonsense. Anyone else seen and agrees or disagrees?

BitOfFun Sat 19-Mar-16 15:46:34

It's on my list to see- what didn't you like about it?

pinocchiosnose Sat 19-Mar-16 15:49:44

I sort of agree. I read reviews saying how tense it was the whole way through and how terrifying it was . I did not feel this at all . For me they didn't focus enough on the witch and it seemed to me more about the family dynamics . I think black Philip could have played more of a part as well . The twins did amuse me though

Bloodybridget Sat 19-Mar-16 17:15:19

BitofFun for me, it started kind of dull, and then started to get silly, and just became more and more ridiculous. Other people in the cinema were laughing too! I don't usually watch "horror" films, and maybe I'd find most of them silly. This one certainly made me jump a few times, but as it got gorier and the body count increased, I lost patience. At the end it said it was based on folk tales and historical accounts, but I feel they could have made a much deeper and more interesting narrative.

Pinocchio, yes I agree the twins were good.

southeastastra Sun 10-Apr-16 23:27:35

lordy dull? really? i though it was one of the better films i've seen in a long while. maybe you were expecting something more simple.

think this film is aimed at the more intelligent viewer

Bloodybridget Tue 12-Apr-16 08:34:14

I dare say, southeastastra. Will stick to Disney in future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now