Talk

Advanced search

Cinema for 13YO DS birthday party first fortnight March

(11 Posts)
MrsSteptoe Sun 21-Feb-16 16:51:53

If anyone is more clued in to upcoming film releases than I am, do feel free to throw suggested film titles at me for a birthday party around 10 March (can be a week or so earlier or later, fairly flexible)
Got to be cinema because we are too tacked for space to have more than a couple of people watching films here
He wanted Point Break, but I don't think it'll be on anywhere any more by then - it's already nearly passed as far as I can see
Nothing too subtle, no delicate Japanese animations - James Bond, Star Wars, Batman, general superhero, general action seems to be the genre de choix

TrionicLettuce Sun 21-Feb-16 17:03:28

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is out on the 25th of March if that's any good?

MrsSteptoe Sun 21-Feb-16 17:14:31

Thank you! Might need to end up putting it off by a week or so anyway, since we are coming up to moving and don't know our precise dates. Great! Several films looked likely, then turned out to be 15s, which is annoying...

guitarguy2112 Sun 21-Feb-16 17:17:59

I've heard that the Point Break remake is crap anyway, so you've all dodged a bullet there smile

I agree with TrionicLettuce - BvS is the only film on around then that suits what you're looking for.

(I was about to suggest Deadpool or London Has Fallen but they're both rated 15 IIRC)

Angelto5 Sun 21-Feb-16 17:19:19

The second divergent film is out the beginning of March but not sure of certificate.

MrsSteptoe Sun 21-Feb-16 17:38:07

guitarguy It sounds awful, but DS not very discerning and all the extreme athlete stuff really appeals to him. You're spot on about Deadpool and London Has Fallen - both 15s.
Angelto5 Will keep an eye out for that one!

UmbongoUnchained Sun 21-Feb-16 17:40:09

I was really surprised deadpool was only a 15! It's hardcore.

guitarguy2112 Sun 21-Feb-16 17:41:32

Angelto Insurgent hasn't been rated yet but based on the target audience aimed at by these YA films, I'm 100% sure that it'll be rated 12A.

Even when they get rated 15, the studios always cut/edit them down to a 12A.

guitarguy2112 Sun 21-Feb-16 17:42:51

Angelto I meant Allegiant (it's actually the third Divergent film)

Angelto5 Sun 21-Feb-16 19:21:23

Haven't seen any of the divergent films or read the books so not sure but seems like something that would appeal to OP's ds.

MrsSteptoe Tue 23-Feb-16 18:29:55

Late response, but grateful for the replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now