Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if by some miracle anyone knows what this film is

(41 Posts)
Abbinob Sat 06-Feb-16 19:19:19

OK bear with me this is ridiculous I know.
It was cartoon, I watched it every nightkn video I'm guessing in about 1996ish but film could her older-had loads of videos from my grans that I used to watch.
It was about (I think) an elephant or somethibg like an elephant I think it was under the water but it might not have been, and he was either looking for his parents or ran away or something.
I only remember a scene of the elephant/maybe not an elephant sitting at a dining table in a strop eating mash potato with lots of cream in saying thats just how he likes them hmm
Anyone? I know its the longest of all long shots but its doing my head in blush

FarelyKnuts Sat 06-Feb-16 19:20:39

Babar?

stareatthetvscreen Sat 06-Feb-16 19:21:00

nellie the elephant cartoon?

ghostyslovesheep Sat 06-Feb-16 19:21:44

finding dumbo!?

Gracey79 Sat 06-Feb-16 19:21:51

Was going to say babar too

notquitehuman Sat 06-Feb-16 19:24:39

Had a quick Google and it came up with Magic Adventures of Mumfie. It was a TV show which was turned into a movie.

WutheringFrights Sat 06-Feb-16 19:25:07

Water Babies? Long shot! Well it was under water...

MonstrousPippin Sat 06-Feb-16 19:26:45

The Sea of Surprises episode from The Magic Adventures of Mumfie.

EponasWildDaughter Sat 06-Feb-16 19:29:20

Mumfie!

Blast from the past grin

<no help>

Abbinob Sat 06-Feb-16 19:35:04

Yes mumfie!! That's it! Been in my mind for weeks I just had this weird blurry memory of an elephant and potato and sea

Blu Sat 06-Feb-16 19:36:20

LOL at Finding Dumbo

Abbinob Sat 06-Feb-16 19:39:28

Finding dumbo grin

deregistered Sat 06-Feb-16 19:44:24

Ok even longer shot...I watched a film about 20 odd years ago. It was Australian, I'm sure the film title was just a woman's name, she worked in the local bar and had a physically abusive partner. The bit I can see clearly is her leaving her house then as soon as her partner couldn't see her she pull the top down at the sides to look sexier and expose her shoulders...It was very hard hitting and gritty, really good. Was thinking about it earlier. ANY ideas?

RedOnHerHedd Sat 06-Feb-16 19:45:56

I was like this once for a film about silver balls from outer space that some kids had found and they caused havoc in a shop. At the time (when I was about 6, 80s) it was the BEST film ever, for 10 years or more I couldn't remember what it was called. Everyone thought I was nuts. Anyway, I finally found out what it was and arched about 5minutes of it, and it was so shit! Really really really shit. I was so disappointed.

RedOnHerHedd Sat 06-Feb-16 19:49:58

No idea sorry deregistered. confused

1234Littleham Sat 06-Feb-16 19:52:05

Does anyone remember a film (Comic Romcom) where the female lead is in charge of a dance school and the male lead is in charge of some sort of sports team & they fall out over the venue as they both want it.

Havingitall Sat 06-Feb-16 20:07:32

Can anyone help with a book I read as a young teen - historical timetravel novel where a girl found a dress and put it on and was transported back to Elizabethan times - she only had to put the dress on to be transported; can't remember how she got back to modern times. Dress ended up getting burnt if I remember correctly?!

littledrummergirl Sat 06-Feb-16 20:12:30

Was that a book or a comic book series having it all? I remember something similar as a comic book serial.

GothyGeisha Sat 06-Feb-16 20:48:15

Charlotte Sometimes?

GothyGeisha Sat 06-Feb-16 20:50:53

The Time Travelling Fashionista?

traviata Sat 06-Feb-16 20:53:34

deregistered was the film possibly The Accused, with Jodie Foster? (not Australian, not a woman's name, and more than 20 years old, but that thing you said did ring a bell with me..)

Crazypetlady Sat 06-Feb-16 20:54:14

I would like to watch finding dumbo

minesapintofwine Sat 06-Feb-16 20:55:59

A Traveller in Time?

Havingitall Sat 06-Feb-16 21:14:35

Thanks Gothy and Wine. Have been trying to track this down for months - have a fabulous childhood memory of lying in a hammock in my Grandparents' garden on a glorious summer's day, getting completely lost in this book while my Granddad tended his vegetable patch and my grandmother made lemonade. Those were the days when all our books were borrowed from the library so I have no idea what the story was! Definitely not Charlotte Sometimes or Fashionista, but since I adored the Cure I'm going to order the former anyway! Might well be A Traveller in Time - will order, devour and let you know!! Abbinob, sorry to hijack your thread!

HarrietAtTheHuntBall Sat 06-Feb-16 21:19:27

Dregistered, the film you are thinking of could be 'Fran' staring Noni Hazelhurst.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now