Talk

Advanced search

Deadpool

(23 Posts)
Average rating find out more
guitarguy2112 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:45:56

Anyone else going to see this Ryan Reynolds superhero flick next week? It looks very different to the usual Avengers/Spider-Man stuff, although definitely not one for the kids based on the trailers wink (it is a 15 after all)

guitarguy2112 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:52:40

Here's the trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_5twa6PH9k

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 04-Feb-16 21:55:33

Yes yes yes!

I love Deadpool.

I'm not a big Ryan Reynolds fan. He'd better do the comics justice.

About time it was made.

TrinityForce Thu 04-Feb-16 21:56:17

yes!

greensll Thu 04-Feb-16 21:58:06

Yes! I will be going to see it with a friend and his gf for valentines day ( I think they felt sorry for me being a single pringle yet again)

SausageSmuggler Fri 05-Feb-16 21:18:47

I've been waiting ages to go see it, love Deadpool. If they do the comics justice then it really won't be child friendly!

PersonalClown Fri 05-Feb-16 21:24:17

Oh yes. DP's work can't believe that I don't do Valentines Day and am dying to see this. They think he's lying!!

MauriceMossMug Fri 05-Feb-16 21:33:21

Oh yes, can't wait to see it.

Love the piss taking of Green Lantern in the trailers grin

jasmine1979 Wed 10-Feb-16 18:17:06

Just got back from seeing this and loved it! I can't wait to see it again soon as at times I felt there was just so much going on it was hard to take in.

However I will say that I'm afraid I judged the woman in our showing that came in with a young child who looked to be about 5 or 6 years old. This is a very explicit 15 rated film and I'm shocked the cinema allowed it.
Before the film started I went over to her and gently explained that the film isn't really a standard "superhero" movie and did contain strong language, violence and sex scenes just in case she wasn't aware of the fact, but not surprisingly was told where to go. These things don't usually bother me at all and I don't have a problem with a bit of leeway when it comes to ratings but this was really so not suitable for a child that age.

guitarguy2112 Thu 11-Feb-16 22:10:14

jasmine1979 Did the child have to sneak in or did the cinema let him in? I'm over 15 and I was still asked for my ID/age when seeing this film! envy

I'm usually lenient with age ratings too but I though that the gore was a little too strong for a 15 rating (although it didn't deserve an 18 either - a borderline 15/18 rating such as 16 would be perfect for it).

How did the mum react when the film started in all of it's blood-soaked, four-letter worded glory?

Footofthestairs Fri 12-Feb-16 18:20:07

Saw it last night, was absolutely fantastic. Funny as anything. Perfectly captured the essence of Deadpool. Nice X-men link up too. Brilliant addition to the marvel universe. Role on the sequel. As an aside it's a 15, totally inappropriate for children. Even some adults would hate it!!!

SausageSmuggler Fri 12-Feb-16 20:36:43

I loved it! Thought RR did really well with it. The fourth wall breaking was brilliant. Desperately want to see it again.

UndramaticPause Fri 12-Feb-16 20:55:57

It's brilliant. Absolutely hilarious.

jasmine1979 Sat 13-Feb-16 16:50:43

Guitarguy - The cinema actually let him in and didn't seem at all bothered about it. It is a big Odeon cinema so I was pretty surprised. Like I say things like this don't usually phase me, but this wasn't a film that was ok in tone for such a young child.
The mum wasn't bothered at all once it started. Clearly wasn't a proper marvel fan either as they didn't stay for the end credits. smile

SnakesandKnives Sat 13-Feb-16 20:06:40

One of the funniest films I've ever seen....and despite the damsel in distress standard was one of the more pro female films I've seen in a long while....

there was also a young kid in the showing we went to - was really surprised the cinema just let them in - didn't even question the parent.

UndramaticPause Sat 13-Feb-16 20:10:59

I found it very monty pythonesque only with full frontal nudity from Mr Reynolds

Merrylegs Sat 13-Feb-16 20:14:26

Just seen this - v funny. But definitely one of the most 'full on' 15s I have seen recently. V explicit language, the violence def was 'extreme' and very 'bloody'. Fair bit of sex too. I reckon it would have been an 18 in olden days. Loved the Ikea gag.

Sighing Mon 15-Feb-16 10:22:09

Saw it Saturday. Funny, light hearted apart from the (entirely comic genre) violence. I really enjoyed that one.

ChiefClerkDrumknott Tue 16-Feb-16 11:57:57

Loved it from the very start with that slo mo credits bit! I was so worried it would be a disappointment as Wade is on of my favourite comic book characters (currently have a plushy DP and a Lego DP on my desk at work grin) but it was aces. My only slight sadness was there were no yellow thought boxes, but I’m not sure how they would have done that and it may have been a step too far for the first film. They tried to make up for it with the asides and 4th wall breaking, which worked well. They did have a little hint of ‘Pool-O-Vision’ when he was looking at Vanessa and all the animated characters appeared, so maybe they will try and have some boxes in the sequel?

Overall the film looked really good and the suit looked fantastic. I loved the subtle animation to the eyes and the little peak on his mask, which was great. Also laughed pretty hard at his mask under his mask! The only little niggle I have with that is he was very reluctant to remove his mask at all in the early days and saw kept it on even when he was otherwise naked, but that's the comic book fan in me coming out and it worked for the film for him not to be so bothered.

Loved all the side characters, particularly Weasel and Al, thought they were very well played. Loved that he was wearing a Bea Arthur t-shirt at one point, perfect! I never thought I’d laugh so hard at an Ikea joke but there you have it. I also cried with laughter at the unicorn flash back!

Even my partner (almost wrote DP, which would have been confusing wink) enjoyed it and he’s not a huge fan of comic book films. He also liked Guardians, which was another difficult one to bring to screen, but both films pitched it just right.

Did anyone stay for the stinger? Which was also hilarious, but more importantly, the possibility of CABLE! shock

BagelGoesWalking Tue 23-Feb-16 16:11:31

Saw this last night. Knew nothing about the comics/storyline, just RR talking about it on Graham Norton.

Oh my god, it was hilarious! Loved the opening credits, loved the David Beckham joke, loved the Christmas jumpers and celebrating all the different holidays grin. It was soooo funny, including the jokes with the young mutant girl - sulky teenager etc.

Really unexpected and just bonkers! Great film

JamesTiberiusKirk Fri 06-May-16 12:30:01

Wasn't able to catch this in the cinema, but watched the Blu-Ray last night.

LOVED IT

Big surprise, as I am not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan, and I don't know a lot about the comic origins, other than the character got butchered in X-Men Origins.

I haven't laughed like that at a film in some time. They took a lot of risks (loads of 4th Wall breaking) but it all clicked really well. The David Beckham visual joke was inspired. It's tremendously profane, but never feels gratuitously so.

The balance seemed just right - action worked great, and it's hard to believe the film was made for "only" $58m, which by blockbuster standards is chump change these days. Humour worked great, and the slower, more dramatic moments with Renynolds and Baccarin (who was great) worked well and felt sincere. The way the film shows their growing relationship was funny and sweet.

Most of all, it felt fresh, in a way that almost no blockbuster tends to these days. They went in a different direction and it really paid off - looking forward to the sequel!

echt Tue 21-Jun-16 09:30:11

I must add to the praise for this film; completely gripping and funny.

I managed to reference the Sinead O'Connor joke and raise a laugh in class yesterday.

adrianabelshaw Thu 23-Jun-16 10:41:40

I loved this movie! Such a good fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now