Talk

Advanced search

Is there a film you secretly wish you had been in?

(38 Posts)
Flowersarebest Thu 07-Jan-16 15:44:36

Am I the only person who fantasizes about being in a film? <blush> Are there some films that you imagine yourself either having the staring role, or playing a really cool part and then (in your fantasy) your whole life just comes together and everything is brilliant?

Don't laugh, but mine's Galaxy Quest. I just love that movie and Sigourney Weaver is very funny. <sigh> Maybe I hanker after being some sort of superhero with attitude? Please tell me I'm not alone.

booooooooooom Thu 07-Jan-16 15:49:46

I would have made a brilliant Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest. Not sure what that says about me TBH.

booooooooooom Thu 07-Jan-16 15:50:26

See also: Nurse Ratchet in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

...I can see a theme...

shabbs Thu 07-Jan-16 15:50:53

Wish I was Shirley Valentine - best film ever!!!

LivinLaVidaLoki Thu 07-Jan-16 16:19:02

I would've loved to have been a mutant in any of the X Men films (though for obvious reasons I would have preferred the newer ones with Michael Fassbender in them).

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Thu 07-Jan-16 16:21:23

I think I would make an excellent Elizabeth in P&P... Or at least I would have done a few years ago...! grin

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 07-Jan-16 16:29:40

I'd love to have been that girl in the tattooist. film wasn't great however the role looked like fun wink

Diggum Thu 07-Jan-16 16:30:13

The Age of Innocence. Any female role. I'd have been crap but, my God, the costumes would have been fabulous.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Thu 07-Jan-16 16:39:34

Jurassic Park.

Obviously without the scary being-chased-by-dinosaur bits, but I'd have loved to have arrived at the island to see the majestic Brachiosaurs and to have poked about in triceratops' shit.

gabsdot45 Thu 07-Jan-16 16:42:37

gone with the wind. I love the dresses and dancing.

kelper Thu 07-Jan-16 16:45:21

I was going to say gone with the wind, so I shall say the part of Katy brown in calamity Jane. Or maybe calamity herself, since I am a bit of a calamity smile

comeagainforbigfudge Thu 07-Jan-16 16:49:45

Bugsy malone. Splat funs. What more can you ask for

Goonies.

comeagainforbigfudge Thu 07-Jan-16 16:50:01

*guns

0pheliaBalls Thu 07-Jan-16 18:31:25

One of the whores in Les Misérables. Or Miss Havisham in an adaptation of Great Expectations. Yes please.

SunshineAndPeardrops Fri 08-Jan-16 21:51:38

Great idea for a thread, op.

I know it's not a film, but I would quite like to be in Call the Midwife. Downton Abbey appeals too.

Or, the film Goodnight Mr Tom, or Tess of the D'urbervilles. I have fantasised about being in that sort of thing before.

I would have to rely quite heavily on cameramen / camerawomen using clever angles to hide my disability though, as I don't think I would have survived being born at any time pre-1980.

SunshineAndPeardrops Sat 09-Jan-16 18:26:43

Also, I wish there was a little clay character version of me in the Wallace and Gromit films smile

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Jan-16 14:01:01

Hi everyone,

With the OP's kind permission we're sweeping this thread into films. flowers

PhyllisDietrichson Fri 15-Jan-16 19:34:41

Double Indemnity of course!

patterkiller Fri 15-Jan-16 19:42:00

Miss Hannigan in Annie. Dd1 did a stage version years ago at her dance school and I dreamt for weeks of the moment they would recognize me as the willowy lush that just had to play Miss Hannigan.

The feckers cast one of the older girls who in my opinion had no experience in the consumption of gin.

I was robbed.

Moln Fri 15-Jan-16 19:43:18

Anything that had Alan Rickman in. Especially now sad.

SoleBizzz Fri 15-Jan-16 19:47:07

The Midwife in Eastern Promises

MiddleClassProblem Fri 15-Jan-16 19:52:12

A female Legolas in LTRO

twirlypoo Fri 15-Jan-16 19:59:04

I want to be the princess in enchanted. Fairy creatures doing my housework? Handsome prince? New clothes every day to fit my beautiful body that never gets fat even if I eat none stop cake? Yes please! Sod reality!

Dolly80 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:06:58

Rizzo in Grease. Although it's not really a secret, my best mates know I would love to be her in that film. I was quite a well behaved teenager so think I always liked the idea of being a 'bad' girl.

sugar21 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:10:39

Marilyn Monroe in Some like it hot
I could sing I wamna be loved by you boo boo be do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now