Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen Trainwreck? I don't get the Amy Schumer love at all.

(13 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 12-Dec-15 23:23:37

It's taken me five hours to watch it and I'm sticking with it cos I bought it off Sky. It's so sodding tedious I just don't get why she is flavour of the month right now.

honeyroar Sat 12-Dec-15 23:58:19

Started watching it on a plane but quickly fell asleep. Thank goodness because the short bit I stayed awake for wasn't funny or interesting. I won't watch the rest of it.

notquitehuman Sun 13-Dec-15 00:04:48

Haven't seen it but do love her sketch show. I can't imagine her sort of humour would translate to a romcom.

BumgrapesofWrath Sun 13-Dec-15 00:05:14

Amy Schumer can be REALLY funny, but unfortunately it's only about 10% of the time, so you end up having to sit through a lot of dross.

EachandEveryone Sun 13-Dec-15 00:23:44

I'll admit I don't do rom coms but, give me The Holiday anytime over what I've just put myself through. Maybe it's a Judd Apatow thing? She's been nominated for a Golden Globe for it as well.

TendonQueen Sun 13-Dec-15 02:05:32

Horses for courses. I saw it and laughed my head off, as did the friend with me, as did lots of the other women in the cinema. But it'd be a dull world if we were all the same smile

ZenNudist Sun 13-Dec-15 02:10:17

Was going to watch this but won't bother now. I too live the Holiday wink

I don't like all her 'I'm so fat' stuff. She's not fat.

Crankycunt Sun 13-Dec-15 02:22:39

I think it's the 'in' thing to like her at the moment.

Wagglebees Sun 13-Dec-15 03:39:11

She looks a little bit different to the identikit Hollywood actress and she's a tiny bit chubbier than them too. I think that makes her stand out and people relate to her more. Flavour of the month.

CallaLilli Sun 13-Dec-15 05:03:44

I don't understand why Trainwreck was praised as being so groundbreaking and feminist etc. It was just another story about how women can't possibly be truly happy by just having lots of sex, and need a man who can show them the errors of their ways.

EachandEveryone Sun 13-Dec-15 15:31:04

She's not chubby though is she? She's all muscle it's just that she has a round face.

SoWhite Sun 13-Dec-15 15:33:32

I really liked it.

I enjoyed the gender subversion very much - the men were the ones searching for lasting relationships. A welcome change.

I agree with Calla very much though. The film was more of a change of pace for men than it was for women.

SoWhite Sun 13-Dec-15 15:40:35

Also, can you believe Tilda Swinton played the magazine editor? She looked completely unrecognisable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now