PAN

(9 Posts)
Average rating find out more
Crazyblueeyes Thu 22-Oct-15 17:09:35

An apsolutely excellent movie. Exciting story, although not a great deal of depth to it. Wicked scenery and exquisite costumes, particularly Blackbeard. Such a shame it didn't do as well as hoped, but can kinda see why.
PAN was over shadowed by Blackbeard and Hook.
Really not to be missed though!
Has anyone else seen it?

cathyandclaire Thu 22-Oct-15 17:17:46

DD and I enjoyed it and thought the boy who played Pan was fantastic. I thought at times it was a little slow, too many dramatic pauses.
I would like it to do well enough so that they make a sequel, I need to find out what goes wrong!

ConfusedInBath Sun 25-Oct-15 13:22:54

I really liked it. Sat there in a dreamy mood letting it wash over me.

kaymondo Mon 26-Oct-15 19:32:59

How scary was it? My 5 year old is desperate to see it as he loves Peter Pan and all things pirate, but I wasn't sure whether it would be a little frightening for him? He generally isn't too bothered by mild peril/darkness but don't want him to be traumatised if I take him!

EeyoresTail Mon 26-Oct-15 19:35:16

My DD watched it and she was fine but she is nearly 7

ConfusedInBath Mon 26-Oct-15 20:55:02

We took GS ( just 4 ) and he sat mesmerised. I did keep checking he was ok. At the end he said he didn't like the ' bad man ' and that it scared him.

Wolfiefan Mon 26-Oct-15 20:57:20

My DD is desperate to see it. She's 5. I'm thinking it would be too scary and have also seen reviews that said the story was complicated.

VestalVirgin Mon 02-Nov-15 15:11:56

I read some criticism of it here:

reelgirl.com/2015/10/pan-bombs-at-box-office-proving-movies-with-male-leads-cant-get-an-audience/

(Obviously, it is mostly satire, but there are some bits about the portrayal of women in there, too)

EatSleepTeachRepeat Thu 26-Nov-15 20:52:08

My DS is 6 and loves Peter Pan; or more to the point he loves Hook!

He was confused at first but said he cannot wait for the sequel! I thought the choice of music/songs was really weird - why Nirvana? I just didn't get it - but Hey Ho (Haaa see what I did there?!?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now