Talk

Advanced search

In time for Halloween, your best Horror film...

(10 Posts)
southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-15 22:20:33

Mine is probably still the Exorcist but i do like the Entity too

twoboystwogirls Fri 16-Oct-15 22:21:30

Best horror? No question....the Tecas Chainsaw Massacre. 1974....not the lame remake.

It had everything.....scares, suspense, relatable characters, horrible deaths, countryside, remote and unfriendly communities....everything that makes a horror film great!

Halloween is probably the scariest film I have ever seen. And I have seen LOADS...from franchises to indies to classics.

Nataleejah Sat 17-Oct-15 17:24:18

The Mutant Chronicles -- though im not sure if its halloween type horror, more like a steampunk dark fantasy with lots of gore.

Something more simple and popular -- The Hills Have Eyes

Jo4040 Sat 17-Oct-15 17:32:42

Ooo I'm going to watch Halloween tonight then if its that scary! shock

What makes it scary? shock

Nataleejah Sun 18-Oct-15 12:33:23

Guillermo del Toro has made some very good horror films -- El Orfanato, Mama, Pan's Labyrinth, and my favorite of his is The Devil's Backbone
Should go and see Crimson Peak yet

Baconyum Fri 30-Oct-15 07:04:47

I love horror films, definitely recommend the classics, halloween, Friday 13, exorcist, omen, psycho, birds, night of the living dead, hellraiser, dawn of the dead, the fly, wicker man (original)

But also a few newer ones, last house on the left, the purge, the cabin in the woods, hills have eyes

Tongue in cheek poltergeist, scream, nightmare on elm street

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Fri 30-Oct-15 07:15:25

Definitely Halloween (the original not remake) think that's the only film that has ever really scared me

MrsUnderwood Fri 30-Oct-15 07:29:43

New films: The Babadook or Cabin in the Woods.

Old films: The Thing, The Evil Dead 2 or The Vampire's Kiss.

Mermaid36 Fri 30-Oct-15 07:33:24

Sort of tongue in cheek - No One Lives with Luke Evans in it....completely weird, jumpy, gory horror film, and Mr Evans does get naked for a short time (as long as you're ok with blood!)

MsAmerica Tue 24-Nov-15 00:00:59

I don't like horror, and avoid it whenever possible - but here are three off the beaten path: Psycho, Alien, and Diabolique.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now