Talk

Advanced search

Macbeth

(11 Posts)
Average rating find out more
BagelwithButter Mon 05-Oct-15 11:15:23

With Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard.

Saw it last night and loved it. Landscapes are very atmospheric, a stripped back version - they missed out the "hubble bubble" scene which was a shame but, overall, I really liked it. One of my favourite things in the film was the music.

It was hard to hear everything MF was saying, part-mumble and part Scottish accent which did annoy slightly. Marion Cotillard was wonderful, as she always is. Paddy Considine was also great as Banquo

Recommended.

SlightlyJadedJack Wed 07-Oct-15 14:06:47

I'm off to see it next week, sad to hear that MF is mumbly though.

Cooroo Sat 10-Oct-15 23:55:35

I didn't enjoy it at all! The atmosphere and whole visual thing was good but everyone spoke in a hoarse monotone throughout - maybe all that mist and smoke gave them sore throats? I also love words and Shakespeare 's words in particular, so hated the massive cuts and mutterings. Everything happened too quickly plot-wise and too slowly pace-wise. I know people loved it though, it just wasn't for me.

ForalltheSaints Sun 15-Nov-15 21:22:57

I enjoyed it and especially as it was set in the time (church was 13th century the exception). Has Paddy Considine ever given a bad performance?

revealall Sun 12-Jun-16 10:20:35

Wowsers.
Agree with the mumbling etc but I have never cried watching Macbeth until now. Just stunning.

echt Tue 21-Jun-16 09:26:38

I rather enjoyed this and didn't get the mumbling complaints, thought it was just low tolerance for Scottish accents.

The re-assigning of speeches was odd.

I'm teaching "Macbeth" this year and decided that for day-to-day, the scenery-chewing Nicol Williamson BBC production was better, and the Fassbender the end of term treat. I'm glad to say that all the pupils agreed they'd have found the later version too different from the original to be helpful.

The ending of the Fassbender one was amazing, a real restoring of the protagonist to his tragic hero status.

Aridane Sat 08-Apr-17 20:20:17

I found it mumbled and very introspective

badhotfanny Sat 08-Apr-17 20:22:30

I liked the last shot.

Showing the macbeths present at the death of the Macduffs was interesting.

badhotfanny Sat 08-Apr-17 20:22:56

Snap @echt

IndianaMoleWoman Sat 08-Apr-17 20:28:18

The burning scene scared the shit out of me, it was awful! It's haunted me ever since.

Bambambini Sat 29-Apr-17 22:40:23

Like the cast a lot and visully stunning - somethink missing though and the mumbling really interfered with folliwing the dialogue and storyline. Paddy Considinecwas very good and the actor who played McDuff. Could have been better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now