Talk

Advanced search

Films for a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl

(10 Posts)
annettec01 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:09:55

We need some new films to watch for film nights during the holidays. They love the home alone films and wimpy kids ones and have seen a lot of the Disney ones. Any ideas for anything different?

Diggum Sat 25-Jul-15 10:12:37

The Goonies! An oldie but a goodysmile

MerryMarigold Sat 25-Jul-15 10:13:31

I have this same age gap 9yo boy and 6yo girl (and 6yo boy). We watched High School Musical yesterday and they really enjoyed it. They love all the Pixar ones. (Monsters inc, Toy Story, Despicable Me --not sure if that is Pixar but anyway--). In fact, sometimes my dd is watching a particularly girlie Barbie movie and the boys sit down and watch it with her!! I took them all to see Cinderella in the cinema and they enjoyed it. Personally think it's quite good for them. She will do the same and watch Star Wars or Jurassic World.

annettec01 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:45:41

We all like the despicable me ones and the goonies sounds like a good one to try. Do you think ghostbusters is to scary for them?

PandasRock Sat 25-Jul-15 11:36:18

All the old eighties ones - short Circuit, flight of the navigator, ET, labyrinth, never ending story etc.

JugglingChaotically Sat 25-Jul-15 11:38:03

Narnia, ET, first Harry Potter, nanny MacPhee,
Off to check the shelves out!

MerryMarigold Tue 28-Jul-15 05:48:10

ooh yeah narnia ones are fab, little scary, but my 6yo girl handled it

Ward3 Tue 28-Jul-15 05:52:30

Ernest and Celestine is great. Originally in French but is available dubbed in English

MerryMarigold Tue 28-Jul-15 05:53:45

mine enjoy any of those fantasy type ones. There is another one called Bridge to Terabithia, Arthur and the Invisibles, the Merlin series. They also loved Epic, both the Rio ones, Sean the Sheep. Wow, we sound like film addicts. Not really.

nooka Tue 28-Jul-15 06:01:29

If you've not watched any Studio Ghibli then I woudl recommend all of them (except Grave of the Fireflies which is an incredibly sad adult film).

My Neighbour Totoro is a great starter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now