Talk

Advanced search

Jurassic World (spoilers - don't read if you don't want to know what happens)

(23 Posts)
TensionWheelsCoolHeels Thu 11-Jun-15 22:37:18

I've been looking for a thread in this & can't find anything so thought I'd start one.

Bloody loved it! Chris Pratt - I didn't 'get' the, ahem, appreciation before but I do now! I liked all the little references to the original park films & the suspense was pitched perfect. Annoying bits - I'm sick of that generic posh English accent used in every American film with a british character - mind you, her fate certainly dealt with that grin

Was initially a bit concerned that the male lead would be the 'big hero' & his female side kick would be the shallow/dim/self obsessed stereotype & in need of saving, but she was no push over & the ending was a good twist on that.

Anyone else like it? Bloke next to me said it was a pile 'o' shite so I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea grin

Overall, just loved it for the adrenaline ride, even though you know what'll happen in these films & none of it is unique or original.

CherryLips1980 Fri 12-Jun-15 19:57:48

I went today (with 6wo DS. I'm sneaking that in cos I was so bloody proud of him, not a single murmur throughout the whole thing!)

I loved it. I just didn't like the ending. How did they get off? What happened to Lowery? There is absolutely going to be a 5 though, isn't there?

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Fri 12-Jun-15 21:12:54

Wow that's impressive cherry - it's LOUD too so well done your little DS grin

I agree the ending was a bit naff but I said the same as you - it's clearly left hanging for a sequel & maybe one with continuity for some of the characters. I'm just hoping Chris Pratt returns to 'master' the dinos wink grin

ItsMeMario Fri 12-Jun-15 21:16:50

It was pure unadulterated crap. I LOVED it grin

I too enjoyed the references to the first film and think its nicely set up for number 5. My friend actually clapped at the end fight scene dont want spoil why

LuckyCornish13 Fri 12-Jun-15 21:20:21

I saw this last night and I loved it!

I love all the Jurassic Park films obsessively so the nods and references to them in the new film were really good; especially loved the original t rex from the first film saving the day grin

Jackiebrambles Fri 12-Jun-15 21:20:24

I bloody loved it!! It was total shite of course but I still loved it grin

Loved that sea dinosaur and how the trex saved the day.

Chris Pratt is absolutely delish.

Jackiebrambles Fri 12-Jun-15 21:21:02

X post with lucky re the trex!!

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Fri 12-Jun-15 21:37:34

Aye, the wee 'knowing nod' between the raptor & big Rex at the end was pure cheese but quite fitting - let's see Chris Pratt tame that in the sequel! grin

PatriciaHolm Fri 12-Jun-15 22:42:30

Loved every cheesy minute. DS enjoyed it too though he did watch a fair amount through my right arm ;-)

ImCatbug Fri 12-Jun-15 22:53:33

I loved it! I adore the originals so was incredibly excited for this one, and it did not disappoint!
Sure, it was a bit cheesy and predictable at points, but so were the other 3. If you went in not expecting that then you deserve to be disappointed by it.
And Chris Pratt was certainly a good addition to it wink

TheWitTank Sat 13-Jun-15 01:05:50

It was pretty ridiculous and a cheese fest, but yes, I loved it! Not a patch on the wonder of the original, but still really enjoyable and action packed. Mixed bag of responses I heard coming out of the cinema though. I think the expectations were so high there were bound to be some disappointed people.

Tweezertastic Sat 13-Jun-15 18:07:26

Loved it! I think the assistant was Tr actress who played Janine in Sherlock! Loved that it went back to what made the original so fab.

tribpot Sat 13-Jun-15 18:28:15

As this is a spoiler thread, can I ask what happened at the end? Ds wanted to leave at the point where the boys had been put into the van as they were about to release the raptors to hunt down I-rex. He had found it too scary (he's nearly 10).

Chris Pratt was great but I was completely bored with the portrayal of Claire (played by Ron Howard's daughter, fact fans) as icy career bitch who can't relate to children. Zzzz. However, by far the greatest crime was the fact she appeared to conduct the entire film in a pair of high heels. Chris Pratt even remarks on it: 'in those shoes?' Would it have killed them to have discovered a pair of boots when they were in one of the old sets?! Laura Dern would have left some behind, or Julianne Moore for that matter. smile

Ds has the Lego game on the PS3 so I think I've got that the i-rex is part raptor so the raptors wouldn't kill it or something, but T-rex and the sea beast (who was great) finished it off between them.

I did like the nods to the older movies, and the effects were awesome.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 13-Jun-15 18:56:26

I might have left some key scene out but the jist from when u left is:

Humans & raptors hunt the big D & find it, big D talks to raptors in some weird dino twitching & raptors turn on the humans. Some humans get eaten by raptors, they chase the rest back to the base where all the tech & science stuff is being evacuated - raptors get in & eat the baddie. Owen gets raptors back on side, they try & kill big D but big D flicks them aside. Claire remembers big Trex, opens his cage and the big fight ensues. Big Trex gets upper hand with help from the raptor & then big water dino grabs big D & eats it. Big Trex & raptor exchange knowing weird dino twitching talk & then humans left some how get back to mainland.

tribpot Sat 13-Jun-15 19:06:20

Thanks - they probably get back in the same way the escaped T-rex made it to San Francisco (?) without anyone noticing in Jurassic Park 3!

At any point does Claire get a new pair of shoes?!

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 13-Jun-15 19:14:30

I'm racking my brain trying to think if she was still wearing them when running & waving a torch to lure big Trex out to get big D but I've managed to blank it from my mind. I honestly can't remember grin

PatriciaHolm Sat 13-Jun-15 19:23:23

Pretty sure she was running away from TRex in them!

tribpot Sat 13-Jun-15 19:29:37

I had to watch very carefully as I assumed she had dumped them at the place where the boys hotwired the jeep (and I was knitting at the same time!) but she definitely still had them on after that. I mean WHY. Even Carrie Bradshaw would have put wellies on.

CherryLips1980 Sun 14-Jun-15 09:58:23

She was wearing them cos I asked my friend how the hell she was managing to run. I would have fallen over in seconds and got trodden on.

tribpot Sun 14-Jun-15 11:26:39

But literally no-one could have run over that terrain in those shoes. Such a bizarre costume decision.

Tweezertastic Sun 14-Jun-15 16:57:21

I believe that wearing the heels was her decision from interviews I have read.

Carmex Sun 14-Jun-15 18:31:09

Yes she did an interview with James corden and she said that she actually trained herself to run in high heels.

https://youtu.be/oqwU6SahymQ

FujimotosElixir Sun 14-Jun-15 21:20:01

i liked it better than 3 but less than 2, ...bryce was a bad choice when shes put mext to Dearne and Moore shes a weak comparison especially for a lead if they were gonna do the whole anal retentive woman they really needed to go the whole hog and make her the female equivalent of the rich ingen owner of JP2. felt very weak. I liked Chris Pratt and his black colleague wish hed got a few more scenes. I was really missing the old cast though .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now