Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever done/been in/seen a "movie moment"?

(9 Posts)
ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Wed 15-Apr-15 12:24:52

you know the thing

- surprise birthday party
- huge romantic gesture
- water breaking in a public place
- last minute airport dash
and so on

we did a surprise party for a friend once. he had no idea and said "I thought this only happens in films!" grin

catlady1 Wed 15-Apr-15 12:29:34

I had a surprise party thrown for me, but I knew about it. To this day my friends still think it was a surprise. I do feel guilty for pretending but couldn't see the point of ruining their efforts! It was a great party anyway grin

hobNong Wed 15-Apr-15 22:21:49

Not a movie moment but there's been quite a few times I've felt like I was in EastEnders!

PekeandPollicle Wed 15-Apr-15 22:33:17

DH had a bad accident and was in hospital unable to walk, he had been for weeks with no progress. dS and I visited him one night when he'd got s full cast plus splint and frame and DS (3 at the time) asked him to stand - he managed to stand for a minute and walk two steps.

It really felt like one if those films where someone wakes from a coma on hearing their child's voice! It gave him the encouragement he needed to try.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Wed 15-Apr-15 22:54:43

Peke
shock wow! that is amazing! I hope he has recovered wellthanks

echt Sun 19-Apr-15 06:38:06

Surprise birthday (twice on the same weekend, and I was shock smile both times.

Ekkwhine Sat 25-Jul-15 21:24:23

My waters leaked a little during school pick up? Not very dramatic compared to the onscreen gushes of amniotic fluid. Even less so as I thought I'd just pissed myself a bit...

dreamingofblueskies Mon 27-Jul-15 20:54:30

I was in New York in the rain and a taxi drove through a massive puddle and soaked me. I was over the moon, felt like I was in a rom com. grin

Same holiday, walking through Central Park in the snow, gorgeous. I suppose New York's in so many films it's hard not to have a movie moment there.

iwasyoungonce Mon 27-Jul-15 21:29:10

I was merrily chatting away to my DH about something that happened at work when I realised he had fallen asleep... I thought that only happened in films.

That's not the kind of thing you meant though, was it? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now