Talk

Advanced search

Good cinemas

(5 Posts)
bloggs Sun 25-Apr-04 23:03:23

What do you look for in a good cinema (and don't say a creche)? Most of the cinemas near me are those depressing multiscreens where if you get the wrong screen you end up seeing a film on something the size of a bathmat.

tammybear Sat 15-May-04 21:48:24

Usually they give you the big screens to watch a film on when they're in their first or second week of screening. Odeon's and UCI's are really good cinemas to watch films in I find

Davros Sun 16-May-04 10:54:01

I LOVE the Everyman Cinema because it has fabulous big, comfy leather seats, loads of room, lovely bar area - all VERY civilised and worth going to in itself. Its "art house" so it usually shows different films to our local multiplex which I also like. Nothing like seeing a film on a big screen with good sound and comfy surroundings.

Azure Mon 17-May-04 21:13:21

The Electric in Notting Hill is the best cinema I have been to. Huge seats with footstools, and a convenient side table to place your glass of wine and nibbles from the bar. The experience is so much better than going to your average chain.

coddycodcod Mon 17-May-04 21:15:07

I like the arty one in southampton but no eating goes on just lots of serious films

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: