Talk

Advanced search

anyone seen big hero 6? [Warning added by MNHQ: spoilers]

(13 Posts)
admiralclingus Fri 06-Feb-15 08:27:29

I want to know what age people think its suitable for, as 3yo dd is desperate to see it!

lemisscared Fri 06-Feb-15 08:31:05

not suitable for a 3yo imo. its a bit more grown up, people die and the doughboy thing dies in the end. i just think most of it will go over his head and he'll be bored. wait for the dvd

lemisscared Fri 06-Feb-15 08:31:21

dd sorry

SavoyCabbage Fri 06-Feb-15 08:39:45

I would't either. I wouldn't say it is a toddler age film. My two (11&8) enjoyed it but dd2 was upset as the brother dies and the boy is already an orphan.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Fri 06-Feb-15 08:40:54

Fucking hell lem, what a way to spoil the movie for those still looking forward to seeing it hmm

InnitThoBruv Fri 06-Feb-15 08:45:28

Spoilers, argh! angry

LucieHMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Feb-15 12:07:13

With this OP's kind permission, we're sweeping this over to our Films section. MNHQ

Patilla Fri 06-Feb-15 12:21:28

I took DS aged 6. Got a bit upset towards end but he loved the film.

I wouldn't take a younger child.

Great film though.

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 06-Feb-15 12:34:34

DP took our 3yo DS who loves all things Disney and he loved it. Maybe some of the concepts passed him by but clearly didn't stop him enjoying it! Xx

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 06-Feb-15 12:37:09

In fact he mentioned that the brother had died 'that means he's gone mummy' but doesn't seem to upset him at all. He has dealt with someone behind dead previously as my DF passed away so he is not entirely new to the concept

lemisscared Fri 06-Feb-15 12:39:43

Sorry!! its not exactly an epic drama though so you can still enjoy it - its a good film for older kids. I doubt its the dying bits that would bother a younger child but its quite a long build up to the fun bits and has quite an inolved story which would be lost on a 3yo

notlefthandedfilmguy Fri 06-Feb-15 19:42:06

I took my five year old daughter and she loved it. There is mourning in the film but no more than in The Lion King or Frozen and like those films it handles it well. The action and peril are pretty mild and they'll love the cuddly robot. If they've seen things like Despicable Me 2 and Chicken Little they should be fine.
See my (spoiler free) blog for more info:
notlefthandedfilmguide.co.uk

HerRoyalNotness Fri 06-Feb-15 19:47:59

My just 4yo saw it and really enjoyed it. He has been to loads of films though from very small. It kept his interest all the way through. He yelled out at one part, that's a bad man. Didn't seem frightenened of anything presented.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: