Advanced search

Noah - not a fluffy "lets save all the lovely animals' feel-good movie, is it? :-O

(5 Posts)
PacificDogwood Fri 09-Jan-15 10:27:10

What did you make of it?

I am shockhmmconfused - just watching it again after having been totally traumatised by it on Christmas Day.

And Russel Crowe's Noah is right up there with the scariest religious nut I've ever heard of!

Your thoughts?

boogiewoogie Sun 11-Jan-15 00:13:06

Definitely not child friendly. This is about the Creator/God wanting to completely wipe out the human race bar Noah and his family as there was so much evil (greed, hatred, murder etc) in what he had originally intended.

I thought that Noah would have had an "Abraham" moment and was expecting a voice to come out of the sky as he was poised to strike with the knife.

There was a sense of hope at the end of the film though.

So if you were traumatised by it on Christmas, then why are you watching it again?

I thought it was worth watching.

PacificDogwood Sun 11-Jan-15 12:05:34

I missed huge chunks of it during the Big Family Screening at Christmas because of various child related issues (bedtime etc).

I am happy to suspend my disbelief as long as the narrative is consistent which is why I had to see it again to get the whole story arch IYKWIM.

I too thought from previous Sunday school bible classes, some 200 years ago blush, that Noah and his family were to survive to repopulate the earth (inbreeding and dodgy moral firmly put to one side), so was quite shocked at his plan for them all to die out to leave the earth to the beasts (although, really, that would have made more sense tbh).

I got quite sucked in and am very likely over thinking this big time.
Had some good discussions with my theological BiL about it grin

spritesoright Thu 15-Jan-15 15:02:12

I guess they felt they had to add in the "will the human race survive?" to create dramatic tension.
But yes I couldn't quite get over what a bastard God is and what a but Noah is.
I am an atheist though. I wonder what Christians made of it.

spritesoright Thu 15-Jan-15 15:03:13

sorry, Noah is a nut. Not a but.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now