Talk

Advanced search

Mr Turner

(3 Posts)
Cooroo Sat 22-Nov-14 23:39:58

I've rarely spent a happier 2 1/2 hours in the cinema. I'm not an art buff so had no expectations but I thought this film was beautiful, funny, disturbing, beautiful, well acted, sad ... did I mention it was beautiful?

Surprised to see some reviewers say it was dull or lacking in plot. Does your life have a plot?

Very highly recommended.

Davros Sun 23-Nov-14 21:44:19

I'm sorry but I found it just tooooo long but agree that it was beautiful, interesting, inspiring etc. The "technique" of not giving you clues, e.g. Captions saying place, date etc did not bother me as I either worked it out or already knew enough about Turner to understand. But it was just too long! I have told friends to see it in the cinema as I think it would be hard to sit through at home. DD (11) came with us and did well. We all discussed it a lot afterwards which is one if the marks of a good film IMO

Cooroo Sun 23-Nov-14 22:10:34

Yes, definitely one to see in the cinema. And congrats to your DD because it really isn't geared to kids! I thought it would be too long but it worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now