Talk

Advanced search

Interstellar

(10 Posts)
echt Sun 09-Nov-14 08:15:56

Well, anyone else seen this?

Despite the plot and science holes you could drive horse and carriage through, I still liked it. Fab cinematography and music. Full of bits where you go?oh.. I see.. so THAT'S what was going on then.

As well as, hello, WTAF, when even my low level science can grasp some dodgy concepts.

McConaghey needs a diction coach, the mumbly fecker.

Don't let this put you off, and see it in VMAX if possible.

fillie Sun 09-Nov-14 08:35:51

Saw it last night. I found it gripping, but I always like sf.
Wow it was long, came out the cinema much later than I'd expected.
Yes lots of dubious and complicated bits of science and plot! Many holes, but not so many that it ruined the story. Be prepared to suspend your disbelief though.
The sound in this film was brilliant, great use of silence and booming space explosions!
The father daughter relationship really balances the human story with the science and space story.
Everyone left the cinema in near silence, which I always think says a lot about the mood a film creates.
Not a feel good movie, but quite moving and exciting. I'd watch it again.

CormoranStrike Sun 16-Nov-14 17:59:12

Far too long. And his surname is Cooper, which makes his grandson Cooper Cooper, which really annoyed me.

Davros Sun 16-Nov-14 20:05:58

Far tooooooo long. Didn't like the yehah cowboy type of character oir Matthew Mcthing. Some great bits and interesting concepts but my arse and eyes were numb (saw it at IMAX btw)

BestIsWest Sun 16-Nov-14 21:28:18

Did like it and had a little weep when Michael Caine recited Dylan Thomas.

They could have cut the whole Matt Damon section in my opinion.

Could have done with some subtitles in parts too. Yes he is mumbly.

All very enjoyable though.

Psypher Thu 20-Nov-14 17:27:36

I saw it today. I think I liked it, after thinking about it for a while on the way home. I didn't think he was mumbly but I do think Christopher Nolan expects you to suspend your disbelief a little too much in some parts. at least it didn't make me irrationally angry like Inception did

DustBunnyFarmer Thu 20-Nov-14 17:48:21

It is too long IMO. I came out of it undecided about whether it was profound or pretentious and hollow. Ten days later I've decided it's the latter. It is very beautiful though.

undertheduvet Thu 20-Nov-14 17:51:07

Enjoyed it but me and dh were not fans of the ending. Thought it seemed tacked on would have been better to end it about 10 mins before they did. Twas very loud though

ICantDecideOnAUsername Sun 23-Nov-14 22:22:49

I liked it. Didn't get a lot of the science bits (anyone care to do a summary?!). Although you would have thought, at the end when he was reunited with his daughter, they would spend more than a few minutes before she told him to bugger off. And surely her kids etc would be like 'hey, there's our cool grandpa who went into space and sent a message back' instead of ignoring him.

I loved those robot things. Where can I get one? Although I did half expect them to go evil like Hal!

Also, how did she figure out he sent the message?

Er, do we need to put a spoiler alert on here? I'm assuming that people will expect the plot to be discussed.

Davros Mon 24-Nov-14 09:20:34

I lived those robot things too and also expected a Hal scenario!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now