Talk

Advanced search

Is The Cabin In The Woods a scary film?

(7 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Wed 24-Oct-12 11:25:41

I like some scary films such as Woman In Black, What Lies Beneath, Blair Witch.

But find out and out slasher films such as Scream, I know What You Did Last Summer too scary. And a bit crap.

Is Cabin In The Woods worth a watch?

PrincessOfChina Wed 24-Oct-12 11:27:48

I thought it was terrible and looking at the list of films you've enjoyed you'd be better keeping away.

Could you try a classic horror? Exorcist?

VivaLeBeaver Wed 24-Oct-12 11:30:57

I thinkk the Exorcist might freak me right out. I've never been able to watch Poltergeist right the way through.

I've always been tempted to watch The Shining.

QueenofNightmares Wed 24-Oct-12 11:50:36

I thought it was funny grin I do love a good horror movie though and this really isn't a classic type of horror movie good twist not too scary.

The Shining however is bloody scary!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 24-Oct-12 12:00:00

I've read the book of The Shining so I feel slightly comforted by the fact I would kind of know what to expect.

Cabin In The Woods gets either very ppor or very good reviews on Amazon. Seems a bit of a marmite film.

Mmmm, DH is going away for all of November though, maybe I'd better wait till he comes back for The Shining. Don't want to be creeped out home alone. I couldn't look in hte bathroom mirror for weeks after What Lies Beneath.

echt Sun 28-Oct-12 04:31:03

No, it's not scary, but well-made, and funny, especially the script, and the spot-the-film-references. Watch, and have a hoot.

echt Sun 28-Oct-12 04:31:49

The Orphanage is well-scary, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now