Talk

Advanced search

Frankenweenie or Hotel Transylvania - can you recommend?

(7 Posts)
Madmog Mon 22-Oct-12 10:15:06

Just wondering if anyone has seen Frankenweenie or Hotel Transylvania. My daughter is 11 and thought about seeing Frankenweenie but isn't sure as it look to be all black and white, so is also considering Hotel Transylvania. It's not very often see wants to go the cinema, so any recommendations/thoughts would be handy.

2blessed2bstressed Mon 22-Oct-12 10:22:19

We went to see Hotel Transylvania last week. In our group were: dp and I, ds1, 15 with asd - likes dinosaurs and quiz programmes, ds2 and dsd2, both 11, dsd1, nearly 15, and dsd1s boyfriend, 16.
We all really enjoyed it - some of us laughed at different times to the rest of us, but we all thought it was good.
Trailer for Frankenweenie came on, and ds2 and dsd2 had conversation about how they were glad we hadn't chosen it. Trailer for Madagascar 3 came on, and I was only one who found multicoloured zebra in disguise at circus funny!

Madmog Mon 22-Oct-12 11:08:19

Thanks for your reply. Have to say I thought Hotel Transylvania looks good, but as my daughter had mentioned Frankenweenie, didn't want to rule that one out. Sounds silly, it's so rare she will agree to doing to the cinema, I want to get it right especially as she'll be going with her friends rather than me soon.

whitesocksblackshoes Mon 22-Oct-12 11:38:18

I took my 3yo and 12yo to see Frankenweenie yesterday and they both loved it (so did I).
Its stop-motion which seems to really suit the film and it is beautifully made, they won't notice that its black and white.
Its made by Tim Burton and a take on the original Frankenstein - there are lots of homages to old horror films like Godzilla and the Addams Family etc
I would really recommend it, its heart warming and funny

whitesocksblackshoes Mon 22-Oct-12 11:38:19

I took my 3yo and 12yo to see Frankenweenie yesterday and they both loved it (so did I).
Its stop-motion which seems to really suit the film and it is beautifully made, they won't notice that its black and white.
Its made by Tim Burton and a take on the original Frankenstein - there are lots of homages to old horror films like Godzilla and the Addams Family etc

whitesocksblackshoes Mon 22-Oct-12 11:39:14

whitesocksblackshoes Mon 22-Oct-12 11:39:29

ARGHHHH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now