Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contagion

(5 Posts)
echt Sat 22-Oct-11 03:51:08

This had very good reviews here in Oz and isn't at all bad; in spite of the gazillion names taking part, there's no grandstanding. No hesitation in killing off an A-list celeb.

I thought the scenes of social breakdown were a bit tame, and the denouement far too optimistic.

It was, however, an eye-opener about contagion by touch. And the factoid that we touch our faces thousands of times a day.

I washed my hands very thoroughly in the cinema lavatories after the film, but of course needed to touch the door handle to leave. Bazinga.grin

Bluestocking Sun 23-Oct-11 18:50:23

I really enjoyed Contagion. Great ensemble playing from all the stars and even GP is much less annoying than usual. Also enjoyed a film where science and good sense are depicted positively and the blogging weirdo with the herbal cure comes out of it rather less well.

GothAnneGeddes Tue 25-Oct-11 03:35:39

Considering it's meant to be about a worldwide disease, it's a bit white western people front and centre for me, so I'll probably be giving it a miss.

SucksToBeMe Tue 25-Oct-11 04:55:28

I'm going to watch this as my mum wants me to go with her to see it.

HarrietJones Tue 25-Oct-11 07:14:36

I'm going tonight ( if I'm brave enough to leave dd3blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now