Talk

Advanced search

Footloose

(7 Posts)
bruffin Sat 08-Oct-11 15:23:37

Just went to see a feebie preview at the cinema

I saw the original when it came out at the cinema and loved the film and the music. I was expecting to really hate it, but I didn't

They have used a lot of the same music but updated. It actually seemed a bit tamer ie no Ariel standing on the two cars on a highway, just leaning out of a window at the racetrack. No chicken fight with tractors just a race round the track. However it is still very enjoyable.
My DD 14 and DS 16 haven't seen the original and loved it.
It was quite weired as some of the scenes were identical and looked like snapshots from the original film, so you got almost a sense of deja vu.

NormanTebbit Sat 08-Oct-11 15:37:40

I saw this advertised on the side of a bus and thought I had entered a parallel universe.

They remade Footloose? is there still that brilliant/terrible solo dance scene, originally done by a rather fit Kevin Bacon?

Isn't Jennifer Aniston in it? Is she the straightlaced marm?

bruffin Sat 08-Oct-11 16:39:13

No it's not Jennifer Anniston, but the lead girl looks like a very young version of her.
Yes they do have the solo but the music is not as good as Never. This time they have used proper dancers for the lead roles. Kevin Bacon didn't do that scene it was a stunt man in the original.

bruffin Sat 08-Oct-11 16:41:29

julianne Haugh/Jennifer Anniston

NormanTebbit Sat 08-Oct-11 17:16:50

Gosh they look alike - I must admit I thought Jen had a portrait ^in her attic or something but that explains it.

I thought Kev did do it - wasn't he a champion gymnast?

I could just spend a rainy afternoon watching that film again

bruffin Sat 08-Oct-11 17:48:54

looks like there was a stunt gymnast and stunt dancer

the dancer died in 1991

Clayhead Wed 26-Oct-11 08:45:27

I saw this yesterday and loved it - despite expecting not to!

It's updated but still recognisable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now