Talk

Advanced search

Are feminists pro choice?

(3 Posts)
MrGHardy Sun 13-Aug-17 02:53:32

Of course I would have thought. But can you believe women should have authority over their own bodies, but at the same time believe the arguments on the pro life side? That once conceived, a human will result and you can't kill humans (or variations of this pro life argument). While I don't agree with it, I can see why some people would.

squeekums Sun 13-Aug-17 03:10:04

Feminist and pro choice here

In all honesty i cant understand the anti side. I mean fine, dont like abortion, dont have one and i support your right in that but why should any other person get a say in what happens to another womans body. If a woman wants to abort, its her choice, if she wants to gestate, its her choice

MrGHardy Sun 13-Aug-17 11:25:43

I think the argument is that those cells inside are already a human, and killing it is hence murder.

Not that I agree with it, but on an emotional level people holding that view, I can at least see where they are coming from.

And yes, I would assume that you are pro choice. I was just curious if they are because to them it's solely a matter of women's rights, or if they also think about the "is it already human vs it's not human yet". Because those two can be independent of each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now