Talk

Advanced search

A New Theory (video included)

(3 Posts)
LetLoveAndReasonUnite Mon 09-Jan-17 00:43:07

Hello everyone,

I am a Registered Nurse and I have had a very challenging start to nursing. Since starting in Nursing in April 2015, I have been through a lot. I have been a victim of systemic bullying in nursing. There's a phrase that nurses eat their young, and my experience as I described in the video is definitely an example of it. I have had good experiences in nursing too, do not get me wrong... but I have seen a lot of hatred and ignorance parading around as love and caring. The first video is dark, it's set to Disturbed's "The Sound of Silence", but my message gets more optimistic as you go along through the rest of the videos. Please watch with an open mind and an open heart. My theory is that the bullying that is pervasive in nursing is there because nursing is oppressed... and it's related to the oppression of women, since over 90% of nurses (at least in my country, Canada) are women.

Here is a link to the first video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O8efxw5zf0&list=PLMdWW-RTtikuM7MUruPwu61hMFRVkDULE

user1485899292 Tue 31-Jan-17 22:05:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ouriana Tue 31-Jan-17 22:12:31

So nothing to do with centuries of living under a patriachy, burning women as witches for daring to show intelligence, or refusing women the vote then?
Nothing to do with women not being allowed to inherit wealth, earn or keep their own wealth and properties?

Which man has actually had his life ruined for catcalling?
Women are still being stoned to death for adultry.
Fucking rapists are walking free in this country.

reminds self not to argue with stupid, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now