Talk

Advanced search

I'm despairing. Hold my hand?

(4 Posts)
SwordToFlamethrower Sun 23-Sep-18 12:16:29

I don't understand why women throw women under the bus the way they do.

There's evidence literally everywhere of our legal rights and protections being dissolved. Our very womanhood being erased and appropriated and there appears to be a vast majority of people who are completely fine with this.

I have tried to understand their point of view. They genuinely think that trans women and self ID are of absolutely no consequence to women and girls. That any danger is in our minds and that male pattern violence is some sort of myth.

I just cannot cope with the gaslighting and the lies being told to us.

How on earth are we meant to fight this? This whole fight is confined to the internet when I think it needs to be taken to the streets.

But as adult women we are at a disadvantage. Many of us have small dependants we can't just leave while we take to the streets. I'd be happy to take my kids with me. But many aren't prepared to.

I'm scared for my future. I'm scared I will be a prisoner in my own home. I won't be safe anywhere. Because there will be no safe spaces.

The Red Tent has been taken over by trans ideology.
The Women's March too
The Women's Equality Party is for men
There is no party to vote for

Where is safe? What can we do? How can we mobilise?

Seniorschoolmum Sun 23-Sep-18 12:28:27

Ok, I’ll bite.
I understand the issue with trans. I see the potential issues with safety. But abuse happens within gender as well as cross gender so I’m trying to keep an open mind on that one.
And I think awarding a male banker who spends two days a week dressed a woman the “Business woman of The year” award is ludicrous. I can’t imagine it will do his/her business much good because prejudice is still widespread.
But I also try to keep it in perspective because in 34 years working, I have come across one man who transitioned very quietly at a public sector agency about 25 years ago, and one child in the US who plays soccer in my niece’s league and is born male, identifying as female.

If I see problems arising regularly it will change my view but for now I’m an “undecided” who is prepared to cut people with issues a bit of slack.

Mumfun Tue 09-Oct-18 21:48:48

It is upsetting. But so many people are keeping quiet as they dont want any trouble, Most people dont really believe in it. Its very sad but it will play out. There will be some downsides for a while but I think eventually the Emperor will be seen to have no clothes. There are some promising networks and initiatives being set up that I think will start to grow and start exerting influence.

Yeahnahyeah Sat 01-Dec-18 07:32:12

I think emailing your local council, MPs, prominent people etc etc is a good start. Especially if they are/have been involved in an issue around this debate. The problem as I see it is the debate is so shut down that a) many many people are unaware of it or b) many people with concerns are with good reason too scared to talk of their concerns. Get a few templates ready that can be tweaked, that'd what I've done. Scary Orwellian times.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: