Talk

Advanced search

Forums to support women work in male dominated enviroment?

(3 Posts)
Plsbemyturn Thu 12-Jul-18 18:32:15

Hi,

I work in male dominated environment and I really struggle of how I am being treated by people who hardly know me because they assume I can't do it. I am an introvert and english isn't my first language so this probably have some impact on it. I am fine with people who work closely with me but since company re-structured, I have to work with people from various offices. I am at the point where I am feel I need to leave my work place. sad

Does anyone know any forums out there to support women like me? Thanks in advance.

Italiangreyhound Sun 22-Jul-18 02:08:12

@Plsbemyturn I am so sorry you feel like this.

I do not know any specific forums but I would certainly recommend this book.

Nice girls don't get the corner office

I think if you are genuinely unhappy maybe it is right to leave. But if so, find something good to go to first. Maybe give yourself a few months to see if things get better and if not allow yourself time to change your job.

Good luck.

BillyJoel Sun 22-Jul-18 02:43:32

I have always worked in male dominated workplaces. Often on building sites. I try to see no differences and just get on with my job. My plan was to prove I was good by just getting on with it. It has worked quite well. I think you can do it. Just try to be professional at all times and friendly. Be bold enough to state your view. There are complete misogynists out there, usually a tiny minotity, but you can get everyone else on side.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: