Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Hamilton who can advise?

(7 Posts)
extinctspecies Sun 08-Apr-18 13:27:46

Thanks rowdy - really excited about it.

3 generations of family going & booked the tickets so long ago the cost is just a painful memory now!

rowdywoman1 Sun 08-Apr-18 12:09:31

Went a couple of weeks ago. People did queue (we watched from a coffee shop opposite) but it just meant the the theatre was full early - lots of people buying merchandise from the shops and filling the bar (us). We did take our wine in with us which was nice.

The queue moved very quickly, sniffer dog, bag searched etc. Just remember the card you booked the tickets with and photo ID - someone near us forgot their card so they were pulled aside and delayed. You'll be fine as most people will already inside.

Fantastic experience. Would love to see it again but the cost of tickets...... Enjoy.

extinctspecies Tue 03-Apr-18 18:06:35

Yes, we are eating well within walking distance.

extinctspecies Tue 03-Apr-18 18:06:07

Thanks grin

I am really looking forward to it ...

IrmaFayLear Tue 03-Apr-18 18:05:45

I went in December, and there was a long queue to get in: security and verification of tickets.

That being said, I think half an hour would be ok. But make sure the dinner venue is nearby - otherwise you may have a taxi drama/tube hold-up which could put a spanner in the works.

The worst queues were for merchandise - never seen such queues!

ourkidmolly Tue 03-Apr-18 18:05:09

Yes that's fine. I think they're very over zealous with that. People were strolling in 10 minutes before hand. It's so so good though! Enjoy.

extinctspecies Tue 03-Apr-18 17:59:55

We are going next week & just had an email saying we have to arrive an hour before the performance starts, because the anti-touts ticketing procedure is so complicated.

We were planning to have dinner nearby first, and arrive half an hour before it starts. Will this be OK?

Otherwise it's a huge pain in the arse as we're travelling from quite far away & travel tickets already booked etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »