Talk

Advanced search

Sexual Bullying at Primary School

(5 Posts)
MM72 Fri 08-Jan-16 18:07:45

Hi, I'd really appreciate any perspectives or advice on this one.

My 11yo DD, year 6, came home today very upset. She had been to see the head teacher but wouldn't tell me why. Eventually, through a series of notes and broken conversations, she tells me it was because a year 3 boy had chased her across the school trying to 'hump' her. He and his friends had found this extremely amusing, and my DD was understandably distressed.

I am planning to go into the school on Monday to see what they are doing about this, but would really appreciate hearing if anyone else has had to deal with something like this, and any advice on what outcomes I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Mx

rosieliveson1 Fri 08-Jan-16 20:22:29

Your poor DD. This really isnt funny. I would expect the head to speak to the boy with his parents present to explain that it wasn't funny, wasn't appropriate and wouldnt be tolerated in future.
I would also expect assurances from the head that your DD will be spoken to and made to feel safe again at school. The poor girl sad

MM72 Sat 09-Jan-16 11:06:45

Thank you for your response. You make some good points. I'm planning to go into the school in Monday and hope they will see it in a similar way. Thanks x

stargirl1701 Sat 09-Jan-16 11:19:32

Read through the school's Equality Policy and Anti-bullying Policy before the meeting. Ask about how the topic of sexual bullying is addressed in the PSHE ( I think you're in England/HWB if in Scotland) curriculum with the upper school pupils. Ask about Restorative Conversations to reconcile the matter both between the children and between yourself and the boy's parents. Enquire if the police community liaison officer could offer the school support in dealing the issue (not the specific incident though).

Take notes or ask if the school secretary can take minutes. Take your DH or another adult with you to take notes. I think English schools have 'governors' in oversight. Refer the issue (again, not the specific incident) to them to take forward as part of the school improvement plan.

MM72 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:58:04

Thank you stargirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now