Talk

Advanced search

Starting a feminist facebook group but possible politics?

(1 Post)
AnnaBanana25 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:24:06

So, I was member of a local(ish) feminist facebook group for a place that is 45 mins away from me. They do fundraising/meets etc and were the closest group to me. I joined in discussions, but got slammed down every time for having an opinion that differed to the 5 main people who seemed to run the group and post on the site. Some folks 'liked' my comments but never commented either. I got bored and left. Since I left, someone told me they are now trying to set up ground rules for the group based on their own opinions of what should be important when you are a feminist. It just isn't a very inclusive group, despite having good intentions, I guess.

I was thinking of starting a group that would simply be local feminist discussion across the county (the group above is based in a specific town). I wouldn't aim to organize meet ups at this time. Considering the above, is this a good idea or would I be stepping on toes? Is there anything I should consider before setting up something like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now