Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone heard of this appalling "men's rights" forum, The Red Pill?

(23 Posts)
lillamyy1 Sun 01-Jun-14 10:40:08

Some of the stuff on here is absolutely shocking. The point of this site seems to be trying to say that men are being victimised by feminism but simultaneously publishing awful sexist comments against women.

www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/26zq8e/why_women_arent_into_nice_guys_amusing_somewhat/

www.reddit.com/r/PussyPass

justiceofthePeas Sun 01-Jun-14 20:02:38

Grim. The view seems to be that women are there purely for them to have sex at (rather than with) and that any interaction with women is for that purpose only. God forbid that they would actually be interested in a person.

And in their opinion this totally self serving attitude makes them 'nice'.

It never occurs to them that when women say they are nice it is just an excuse. Maybe women don't think of tyem in a sexual way because they don't think of women as people.

lillamyy1 Tue 03-Jun-14 20:48:19

Exactly. I was actually really surprised to find the site, it's made me think differently about how men view women. I had no idea there were enough sexist, ignorant men to make a site like that worthwhile!

What's more, they're scuppering their chances with women even more by going public with their opinions!

justiceofthePeas Wed 04-Jun-14 16:16:08

I also wonder if given there proposition that if they (the MRA) carry a woman's stuff up several flights of stairs and have a conversation with her this means they are entitled to sex, that means that is another man carried some stuff up some stairs for them and that he too would be entitled to have sex with them.

surely he must be entitled regardless of whether they find said man or the thought of sex with him appealing. after they owe him.hmm

SqueegeeBeckenheim Wed 24-Sep-14 01:48:09

TRP makes me sick! It's horrifying. & it is becoming more and more common.

Zazzles007 Fri 26-Sep-14 23:30:09

Oh, I saw this thread and forgot to come back to it. I followed the OP's link and did some googling as well, and it led me to The Blue Pill subreddit which is the perfect antidote to The Red Pill. They keep an eye on The Red Pill and take the piss out of the stuff the Red Pillocks post. Very entertaining grin.

www.reddit.com/r/TheBluePill/

KittenOverlord Fri 26-Sep-14 23:42:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissBlake Sun 16-Nov-14 22:07:46

Yes, they regulary troll feminist blogs
and are total losers. Worringly, there is also a section dedicated to red pill women. These "men" feel that women should be weak and demure and never question thier role as alphas. They also take it as a personal afront to encounter women whom they are not attracted to and feel all women should care about making themselves attractive to men. Obviously they have a massive bee in thier bonnet about feminism. It is scary to consider thier attitudes, how many men out there think like this?

850Pro Wed 11-Feb-15 12:43:52

the red pill seams a little over the top but most of the stuff im reading on the PussyPass part seems right...?

PuffinsAreFictitious Thu 19-Feb-15 23:02:00

You resurrected this zombie thread to say you agree with MREs.

How terribly gauche of you.

850Pro Mon 09-Mar-15 11:19:07

zombie thread? it was at the top of the page when I replied?

PuffinsAreFictitious Mon 09-Mar-15 15:26:03

Sure it was hmm

AnyFucker Mon 09-Mar-15 15:27:14

your pants are on fire, 850Pro grin

850Pro Wed 11-Mar-15 10:20:06

there are so odd people on this forum.

AnyFucker Wed 11-Mar-15 15:26:46

Indeed there are

Joyfulldeathsquad Wed 11-Mar-15 15:31:43

Odd....

VestalVirgin Mon 02-Nov-15 12:04:27

Resurrecting the zombie once again, to disagree with the horrible horribleness that are MRAs.

By the way, I would really like to see an MRA be confronted with a gay man who carries some stuff up some stairs for him. And then demands sex as reward. (With a hidden camera, and a bodyguard for the gay man, of course!)

I once read a blog post by a man who had encountered a man pressuring a woman to talk to him on a bus. He decided to strike up a conversation with the guy, in exactly that same way the man was talking to the woman.

It was absolutely hilarious!

angstybaby Thu 08-Dec-16 18:40:07

OMG! my husband mentioned this to me about 30 mins ago and i came here looking for some common sense after he started quoting bits at me!

apparently there's a list of gender discrimination against men, one of which is:

- look at the number of men who die in wars.
To which I replied, but men decided that women weren't allowed to fight in wars so you can hardly be mad about our failure to die in them. You take away our rights and then are annoyed that we don't do the things you haven't allowed us to do!

Not to mention that plenty of women die in wars; we are particularly vulnerable in war and conflict.

Anyway, I decided it was time for him to address some gender imbalance of our own and look after the kids while I went on my laptop. hmph!

Elevenoneoneblog Thu 13-Jul-17 09:10:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

theEnginerd Tue 08-Aug-17 07:38:45

ok, you have some odd scraps and tatters of anecdotal evidence, but what is being promoted here is a lot more cohesive and most importantly convincing as an argument.

Modern "feminism" is having an identity crisis, mainly caused by the so called snowflake generation, and I think you will find that it what is taking most of the flak from these haters. granted, there will be some that take offence to all forms of feminism, and that is most definitely wrong.

One can draw parallels to BLM and other "social justice" movements, who were both too concerned with their own agenda to realise the big picture, and refused to clean up their own community and stop harbouring/defending criminals.

Derwini123 Fri 24-Aug-18 01:49:29

Men ARE being victimised by feminism...-_-

morrythou Fri 24-Aug-18 12:10:49

Feminism, rather than victimising men, usually blames men.

In reality it tends to victimise women.

SupplychainNpton Fri 31-Aug-18 22:25:54

The incels (involuntary celibate) were mostly banned for being ridiculously extreme. The offshoot groups are quite heavily censored for obvious reasons.
I find the incel idea very sad indeed. If you take the misogyny away, they are terminally sad and lonely men.

From there they moved to the topic 'red pills', which was the same men, being less violently vocal (because they would be banned otherwise). The idea is that women are in control, and manipulative.

Now we have the uprising of the 'black pills' (hopeless individuals who see women as totally evil) who are totally misogynistic - and are actually worse.

Check out Nathan Larson. Fucking terrifying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »