Talk

Advanced search

DD assaulted

(4 Posts)
LegoUniverse Sun 29-Sep-13 11:44:54

DD phoned to say she had been assaulted on her way home from work in the early evening (7pm). She is 24, so grown up, and lives in another city. The man pushed her against the wall in an underpass. She went ballistic, all 9 stone of her, and fought him off and escaped. She was seriously assaulted when she was in her early teens and has fought hard to get over it and live a brave and independent life, so this feels very difficult indeed for her (and me). I am so enraged. Really, it would take nothing to get me out with a vigilante group to hide in the underpass where this man lurked and go and castrate him. I recognise that this is not very practical though. Anything else people can suggest? (DD is being very brave, but I am worried that it might come back to bite. She had very disabling panic attacks in her first couple of years at Uni. She frightened herself with how bonkers she went at the guy, I think, though as an escape strategy, it worked).

TwoStepsBeyond Sun 29-Sep-13 12:28:42

No advice, but well done to your brave and feisty DD for getting shot of this animal. She has those instincts for a reason and 'going bonkers' obviously worked, so she can feel really proud of herself.

It must be awful knowing that someone has assaulted your child and not being able to do anything about it, either at the time or afterwards. Try to be thankful she wasn't seriously hurt, did she have any counselling after her earlier assault? Would it be worth her speaking to someone now? She's lucky she has a supportive parent, but it couldn't hurt to speak to a professional too.

LegoUniverse Sun 29-Sep-13 14:07:06

Yes. She did have counselling before though in the end she found other ways of dealing with it. I did suggest she calls rape crisis or another group in her town, at least in part because she doesn't want to go to the police (which I understand) but someone needs to report the incident so the guy gets caught. I hope the police will be able to step up some patrols if there is a report made (I'd like to think that, anyway ...) Thanks for the support.

KneesoftheBee Sun 29-Sep-13 14:09:56

Is there any cctv on the underpass?. There often is in big cities.

I hope your dd is okay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »