Talk

Advanced search

Diversity in the Media - Diamond

(5 Posts)
spongedog Wed 04-Sep-19 18:37:10

I received details today of a "ground-breaking diversity monitoring system called Diamond that has been set up by the Creative Diversity Network (CDN) on behalf of the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5/Viacom, and Sky (the Diamond Broadcasters). The Diamond Broadcasters and CDN are gathering information on six diversity characteristics: gender, gender identity, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability."

The Diamond Privacy Notice refers to "Through the Diamond Diversity Monitoring Form, we collect information across six protected characteristics: age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation". Spot the problem?

I will complete the form, commenting as I go, but it will be helpful to have others contribute.

spongedog Wed 04-Sep-19 18:39:50

I am only on to the 2nd question

Fraggling Wed 04-Sep-19 18:45:06

So they aren't collecting stats on sex at all and have two questions relating to gender id.

They must know what they are doing..
When was sex cancelled as a category/ and axis of oppression?

Women and girls have been oppressed all over the world since time immemorial. We are half the population for fucks sake.

Is this an active anti feminist, women get back in your box thing? Is it about massaging awful stats around pay gaps and things?

They know what they're doing, but why?

Fraggling Wed 04-Sep-19 18:47:47

Gender pay gap is based on self id as well.

I mean what's the fucking point?

spongedog Wed 04-Sep-19 18:52:18

In fact I have now contacted their Data Protection Officer to advise of typos in their Privacy Notices.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »