Talk

Advanced search

Are women judged for taking the morning after pill? What can we do about it?

(4 Posts)
Sophestry Mon 08-Apr-19 10:09:18

It's 2019, but there still seems to be an assumption that women who have taken the morning after pill did so because they are careless about contraception and/or have a lot of casual sex, even though many of these women were simply let down by their regular contraception. What can we do to stamp out this stigma? www.mymorningafter.co.uk/ellaonequestion/2019/3/28/are-women-judged-for-taking-the-morning-after-pill

Trebe Sun 23-Jun-19 18:53:16

I think you answered your own question really. Because there are people who use it because they are careless with contraception and use it as a back up.

Not saying I agree with it, I'm saying it happens. I think anything feminism can do to get women control over their productive cycle is imperative, especially in religious countries.

Contraception women have control over has liberated more people than Abraham Lincoln did.

Tiresiasmum Fri 27-Sep-19 21:41:53

Just keep supporting sexual health services and looby for more money to be put into campaigns, also to keep being positive and unapologetic about women's rights to the morning-after pill. Better than having an unwanted baby or an abortion. And the bloke involved won't be having to apologise to anyone for the failed contraception, and won't be the one feeling sick for the next 24 hours.

GoldenEvilHoor Fri 27-Sep-19 21:47:33

There was a website on here a few months ago funded by a manufacturer of emergency contraception which was supposedly intended to dispel myths but in reality only served to reinforce stereotypes.

Whilst typing I have realised it is the same bloody site! That site is the problem!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »