Talk

Advanced search

FItbit discrimination against pregnant and breastfeeding women

(8 Posts)
Annie2508 Sat 16-Mar-19 09:06:49

Hello people, just looking for a little added support...
I have a fitbit to help get back into shape... but there are no features to allow for breastfeeding so I can't accurately assess calorie burn or needs. When I contacted fitbit they have no plans to add any despite over 1500 people wanting this on their forum page.
Smells like discrimination to me..
So I'm hoping a few of you who also use fitbits might help me lobbying for change by posting on their social media sites and sharing this.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women want to get fit too.. the data is out there, they could include it..let's stop this discrimination!

SofaSurfer20 Sat 16-Mar-19 09:08:26

It's not discrimination. They don't have do cover everything ffs.

biscuit

They've only just implemented a period tracker. If you want it, email them. If enough people do they may implement that too.

bobstersmum Sat 16-Mar-19 09:11:06

Go and have a cup of tea love.

Wintersnowdrop Sat 16-Mar-19 09:14:00

You sound very angry and aggressive about this. Just googling shows
“ On average, breastfeeding can burn between 200-500 calories a day, but the actual amount will depend on how often you breastfeed, how much breast milk you're making, and your baby's age.20 Jan 2019”
So just allow yourself an extra 200 calories if you must. ( I breastfed for four years).

Chocolatepeanuts Sat 16-Mar-19 09:21:26

How could a fitbit accurately tell you how many calories you have burned breastfeeding though? Its such a wide range.

PurpleDaisies Sat 16-Mar-19 09:22:17

hmm

katykins85 Sat 16-Mar-19 09:53:57

Christ, breasfeeding only burns a couple of hundred cals so just mentally deduct it for christs sake!! How precious!!

Babieseverywhere Fri 29-Mar-19 18:45:00

I set up an bespoke exercise called breastfeeding for 1 minute at 200 calories.

Then I added it to my daily log every day for years. Dead simple.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »