Talk

Advanced search

I am a female

(78 Posts)
Livpool Sun 04-Nov-18 23:14:56

Hi all

Sorry if this is weird but I am sick of not being able to describe myself as a woman.
Just seen this description and so feel at a loss xx

PickAChew Sun 04-Nov-18 23:17:52

I haven't menstruated for 4 months and it's possible that I may never menstruated again, so where do I come in? 🙄

Livpool Sun 04-Nov-18 23:20:51

But at some point the vast majority of females have experienced menustration surely. I know not ALL but most. I fear we have become an aberration- never to to mentioned xx

Jungster Sun 04-Nov-18 23:22:10

that just sounds so ludicrous!

ICJump Sat 08-Dec-18 04:52:59

I’m actually using more sanitary protection while I’m not menstruating. I’m pregnant and my pelvic floor is fucked.
Thinx can fuck off

HappyPunky Sat 08-Dec-18 05:04:13

It's a terrible marketing strategy to not know the word that describes the people you're selling to.

jessstan2 Wed 23-Jan-19 21:22:08

Why are you not allowed to call yourself female if you are female? No-one has ever told me I'm not a woman, I am.

bingoitsadingo Tue 19-Feb-19 10:16:32

Not all women menstruate. But all who menstruate are women. It's not complicated.

"Real menstruating humans" FFS. Was that written by a robot?!

If they really wanted to be inclusive of transmen, they could have said "check out what some real people think of thinx". Not hard.

Bluestitch Tue 19-Feb-19 10:19:35

It's ridiculous- do they really think this compelled, unnatural speech will ever catch on? Back in the real world everyone knows who actually menstruates.

adrienneJ Sat 23-Feb-19 09:18:14

Not sure of the OPs question but just purchased 2 sets of the hip-huggers will post if there any good.

OdeToDiazepam Sat 23-Feb-19 09:21:43

I'm going to email them and complain

PrimOy Mon 25-Feb-19 23:21:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CTHyoutwy Thu 28-Feb-19 16:57:55

I upon came this lovely lady and I truely believe I may have found my sould mate lol Have a listen to her view on periods and boys...its just brillant and also funny....
twitter.com/ShemekaMichelle/status/1075099156648259585?s=19

retardman Tue 05-Mar-19 22:20:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bellasorellaa Wed 10-Apr-19 15:50:53

im confused what is this photo meant to mean?

Tiresiasmum Fri 27-Sep-19 21:36:56

Don't really understand what the link's to. Some trans men and non-binary people also menstruate though, and some women don't or have never done. Menstruation per se needs more positive coverage, understanding and activism, likewise menopause. It was great to hear Jeremy Corbyn say that one of Labour's election pledges is to negotiate flexible working and more time off for people affected by the menopause.

lazylinguist Fri 27-Sep-19 21:41:18

No. All people who menstruate are biological females, i.e. women. That doesn't mean that all women are people who currently menstruate.

OhHolyJesus Sun 06-Oct-19 21:11:33

People affected by the menopause - who are those people Jezza?

Not your woman officers that's for sure, due to age sure but mostly because of their biology.

Thinx can F off, I'll buy my period pants from someone who knows what a woman is thanks.

HeadintheiClouds Tue 15-Oct-19 16:37:54

Are thinkx period pants? And the gobshites running their marketing department are afraid to market them directly to women?!
Here’s one woman who thinks they can stick them up their lala.

NarcoNympho Sat 26-Oct-19 01:17:25

I just want to add my tuppence to this (ancient) thread.

No one is erasing your female identity

You can be female, no ones stopping you, they’re just acknowledging that some people who use their products are not female. As someone who is non binary but AFAB I find it quite comforting. It can feel like there’s no one who accepts you (especially when you’re browsing mumsnet at 1am 🙃) and even that one crumb of acceptance is a comfort

TerfTalk Sat 26-Oct-19 01:19:46

Good for you Nacro.

However, there are 4 billion women in the world. What about their opinions? Or should we change everything to suit you?

MrGsFancyNewVagina Sat 26-Oct-19 01:25:32

When women can’t describe themselves as being female and woke companies are so frightened of offending the TRAs, that they won’t use the word female, then you are erasing the definition of females. If you menstruate, then you have the body and genetics of a female. All the wishful thinking won’t change that, no matter what you want to call yourself. You can be whatever latest fashionable gender you want to be, once you pick from the ever increasing list. Your sex will never change.

differentnameforthis Sat 26-Oct-19 11:14:10

@NarcoNympho As someone who is non binary but AFAB

AFAB? Assigned female at birth? Your biological sex was assigned in the first trimester of your mother's pregnancy, not at birth. You were biologically female way before you were born.

Gender is a social construct, not a biological fact.

differentnameforthis Sat 26-Oct-19 11:15:05

*mother's pregnancy with you

NarcoNympho Sat 26-Oct-19 12:22:39

@TerfTalk tbh I can’t see how women would object to this? It’s not like they’re saying you’re not a women, they’re just acknowledging that others use the products. Let’s not forget as well that even if we put trans/non binary people to the side, there might still be intersex people who get periods, so the term ‘women’ is not the best suited for it anyway. Idk, just my opinion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »