Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am registering a complaint with the Advertising Standards Authority; anyone want to join me?

(4 Posts)
sanschocolat Sat 15-Feb-14 23:17:40

I am going to complain about this advert for Coral Online Betting.

How to complain to ASA : here.

It is shown during coverage of horse-racing on Channel 4 so I am registering a complaint with Channel 4 too here.

The advert is, imo, horribly sexist and insulting to women.

I know that not everyone is a fan of horse-racing but there are some fantastic female jockeys out there such as Cathy Gannon, Nina Carberry, Katie Walsh, Amy Ryan, Hayley Turner, Laura Pike and many others who have a hard enough time as it is being taken seriously in their chosen profession in what can be a hugely misogynistic arena, without bilge such as the above being broadcast on a major tv channel.

Thanks in advance to anyone who feels like taking 5 mins out to protest.

[Will also be posting this in the 'tack room'.]

sanschocolat Sun 16-Feb-14 12:04:29

Bumping!

amimagic Sun 16-Feb-14 12:12:10

It's a really horrible advert, and I'll join you in making a complaint.

Don't think that the ASA will care though - the response to the hundreds of complaints about those awful asda and Morrisons Christmas ads last year was that they were ok as they reflected reality for most people. So anything goes if it reflects reality apparently (or is that just when it's detrimental to women...?)

sanschocolat Sun 16-Feb-14 13:48:06

Thanks amimagic!

I'm amazed at what is allowed to go out.

I'm also amazed that something is deemed acceptable because it 'reflects reality'. As you say, what if the reality is unnaceptable too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now