Talk

Advanced search

xls diet pills

(5 Posts)
Thestalds Wed 23-Oct-13 20:59:23

Outraged by the advert I've just seen for diet pills. It featured only women and promoted pills as a healthy way to lose weight,i really hope nobody is stupid out desperate enough to try these. Totally unethical and sexist advertising, it should not be allowed.

Janet12345 Thu 24-Oct-13 03:22:38

I think in all fairness us women are more likely to feel the pressure to slim as opposed to men. I am sure both sexes will use the pills but they will probably have to market it a completely different way for men to buy it.

On another note

I think this forum is dead, I have not got any replies to my posts on here...

It's like a graveyard..

Does anyone know of an active activist forum ?

LouC128 Thu 24-Oct-13 10:15:34

But, of course, there are thousands of women who are desperate and temporarily lose all ability to make rational decisions when promised weight loss. Not stupid, just wanting a quick fix. I'm sure men are targeted in similar ways but for other products relevant to their insecurities. The only way to stop it is for people to stop buying the stuff.

PatsyNesbitt Mon 24-Mar-14 19:07:26

I always take one just before my big mac and it seems to counteract the effects of the burger. I've been popping my pills before lunch for over a year now and I haven't lost or gained a pound, considering I have a burger and fries a day..I think that's quite good! smile

meditrina Mon 24-Mar-14 19:10:27

You found a six month old thread to say that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now