Talk

Advanced search

Help! I need a slogan please

(18 Posts)
knit1purl1 Thu 29-Sep-11 21:41:02

Hello, Sorry to butt in but we are protesting tomorrow - outside the doors of a newly opening lap dancing club in our town. I want to make a small placard to carry and my mind has gone a blank. Can anyone suggest some good eye-catching and, ideally, funny slogans?

(Me, I fancy lightly mocking any sad case punters turning up there. Am sure several others will use good solid Object lines though so a balance should be achieved).

Grateful for any help. Cheers

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

knit1purl1 Thu 29-Sep-11 22:19:55

Thanks for the response. I am wary of seeming to trivialise the subject but I suppose my own trail-by-fire adolescent experiences have made me quite hard faced. I suspect that we will get troll-like mocking and would prefer to be prepared with my own heckles iyswim.

Also, more controversially perhaps (at least in my group), I specifically wish to protest at the lap dancing industry. This is because, in my opinion, it normalises an unnatural power dynamic in a stripping situation. It debases the men that visit the clubs as they cross a boundary from audience to punter. Men who enjoy lap dances are enjoying their individual power over women. In this way it differs from more old fashioned stripclubs.

This is not to say that I am whole heartedly in favour of strip clubs but more that I feel the lap dancing clubs cross a boundary of total unacceptability. So I would really like to use a slogan that specifically dealt with lap dancing.

What I'd really like is not to be a rambling pub bore on the topic - but it looks, from the above, like that won't be possible today!

LeBOF Thu 29-Sep-11 22:23:19

Dance On The Grave Of Patriarchy?

knit1purl1 Thu 29-Sep-11 22:27:07

Ooh not sure I understand that never mind the men in line. Sounds suspiciously like encouragement? Perplexed.

LeBOF Thu 29-Sep-11 22:28:50

I'm thinking...I am horribly sick though, and the gears of my brain aren't cranked up properly...

LeBOF Thu 29-Sep-11 22:34:54

The biggest arses in here are the customers?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeBOF Thu 29-Sep-11 22:55:58

Or, "Wall-to-wall tits- and that's just the customers"?

swallowedAfly Thu 29-Sep-11 23:16:51

i get your point - almost need a way to cleverly say no to sleezebags rather than to the girls. just wish i could think of a way to say it.

swallowedAfly Thu 29-Sep-11 23:17:13

can't believe i just called them girls sad they are WOMEN! ffs saf.

WakeMeUpWhenSeptemberEnds Thu 29-Sep-11 23:22:42

Not every Tom, Dick and Harry uses lap dancing clubs just the Dicks

knit1purl1 Fri 30-Sep-11 08:09:32

These are excellent, thanks! I shall email them to work & surreptitiously use the photocopier to make BIG SIGNS. Cheers all

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 30-Sep-11 08:14:22

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 30-Sep-11 08:14:47

Message withdrawn

knit1purl1 Sat 01-Oct-11 22:44:08

Actually Shine on I quite like that. But I didn't see it till today and went with...

<drum roll>

Wakemeup's "Not every Tom, Dick and Harry uses lap dancing clubs just the Dicks" (except I got it a bit wrong. But not much). Demo went well despite this.

Big thanks to everyone for the help. There's another club opening in a week or two so a) demo clearly went not quite well enough b) more suggestions welcome for the next one!

WishIwereAtTheWiesnProst Thu 06-Oct-11 14:53:52

What about a rough cartoon of a really sad looking annorac type man and the words "I have to pay for it" underneath.

WishIwereAtTheWiesnProst Thu 06-Oct-11 14:58:10

"name of club" where men without girlfriends go on a saturday night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now