Talk

Advanced search

Anyone not signed the petition against pro-rape sites on Facebook yet?

(14 Posts)
ElderberrySyrup Tue 27-Sep-11 11:42:00

sorry if this has already been mentioned on here, but if so here it is again.

text from the petition page:
'The following are actual pages on Facebook: "Raping your mates girlfriend to see if she can put up a fight", “Kicking Sluts in the Vagina,” “I know a silly little bitch that needs a good slap,” and “Riding your Girlfriend softly, Cause you dont want to wake her up.” These clearly are in violation of Facebook's own policies and need to be removed.

Facebook’s own Terms of Service prohibit content that is “hateful, threatening,” or contains “graphic or gratuitous violence” Moreover, users are specifically barred from posting content that aims to “bully, intimidate, or harass” any user.

Facebook could and should do more to stop them from popping up in the first place and to swiftly remove those that do exist'

the thing is, it's not just the pages themselves, they get filled with comments that are even worse than the names of the pages - you can imagine.... sad

Please sign if you haven't already.

Iamjustthemilkmachine Tue 27-Sep-11 23:41:49

I had no idea about this! Are these people for real? Are they adults??I had no idea about this! Are these people for real? Are they adults??

ElderberrySyrup Wed 28-Sep-11 10:25:36

I daresay a high proportion of them are adults Iamjustthemilkmachine sad

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iamjustthemilkmachine Fri 30-Sep-11 09:34:13

feel so naive blush. I've signed and shared.

5BottlesOfShampoo Sun 02-Oct-11 19:58:01

Signed and shared several times

FetchezLaVache Sun 02-Oct-11 20:00:31

What the actual fuck?? Signed. angry

WishIwereAtTheWiesnProst Tue 04-Oct-11 12:46:03

Signed and re posted to my FB, it can't be that difficult for Facebook to keep an eye on the pages being created, if it has rape in the title or info... just look see if it is genuine and is there for a reason. They clearly spend millions of dollars on fucking programs reading every word we post so that they can better advertise to us.. The technology is there.

beakinthebeeswax Wed 05-Oct-11 12:09:05

Two words.

Fucking. Wankers.
angry sad angry

mustdash Thu 06-Oct-11 14:35:14

I just tried to sign, but it says it is now closed. Is there another?

SharonGless Fri 07-Oct-11 21:03:41

It just let me sign it and have shared

Uppity Fri 07-Oct-11 22:44:25

How come 2 boys can get sent to prison for failing to start a riot on Facebook, but people who are posting about how funny rape is, aren't being arrested?

Are the police doing anything about this?

newportstateofmind Sun 09-Oct-11 10:23:13

I've tried to sign but it keeps saying the 'City' field is blank when it isn't. Anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it?

JaneLesley Mon 17-Oct-11 08:07:59

Hi all, the campaign against these awful pages goes on - we managed to get an article in the Sunday Telegraph yesterday. Please do sign the petitions - there are two at the moment, a UK and a US version. You can find the petitions and the whole story here: rapeneverfunny.wordpress.com/.

We could do with some help to keep this campaign going, so if you want to get involved, let me know?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now