Talk

Advanced search

The anti-rape blog you helped inspire...

(35 Posts)
InmaculadaConcepcion Wed 27-Apr-11 14:37:39

...is still happening, but the frequency of my posts has gone down a bit, sorry about that blush

There is plenty to write about, but for some reason I'm feeling momentarily stumped.

Basically, if you've seen any cases lately or can think of some recent ones that deserve to be highlighted or indeed issues I haven't yet explored I'd love to have a few suggestions.

I'm not asking you to do the work for me, but a few pointers that might get my posting fire reignited would be hugely welcome!

Cheers

link if you need it

forkful Wed 27-Apr-11 15:51:41

How about a write up/link to this interview with Keir Starmer DPP.

'Restoring confidence so victims report rape is key' - is a quote from it.

InmaculadaConcepcion Wed 27-Apr-11 19:49:40

Thanks forkful!

InmaculadaConcepcion Wed 27-Apr-11 19:54:00

Ah yes, really good suggestion.

Has anyone started a thread to encourage MNers to contribute to the consultation regarding the prosecution of rape/dv allegation retractors? It ends on May 6.

If not, I'll happily get one going myself.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 27-Apr-11 20:05:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InmaculadaConcepcion Wed 27-Apr-11 20:12:30

Cheers SGM. I'll get onto that now.

AyeRobot Thu 28-Apr-11 08:42:47

I was looking at this blog and came across this article on supporting a friend who has been sexually assaulted Might be a useful addition as a comment piece?

InmaculadaConcepcion Thu 28-Apr-11 09:45:33

AyeRobot you are so good at finding stuff online, I've found your links really useful time and time again. Cheers for yet another bunch!

AyeRobot Thu 28-Apr-11 09:51:02

grin

That one came from someone else linking to it on here a while ago in relation to films and I remembered it for another thread today, then saw that article when I was browsing with my coffee. S'all about making the connections, innit?

Prolesworth Thu 28-Apr-11 10:38:56

Message withdrawn

InmaculadaConcepcion Thu 28-Apr-11 13:27:22

Thanks for that link Proles.

I was thinking about including some victim POVs soon. This is really useful. And very sad.

SueSylvesterforPM Thu 28-Apr-11 14:24:48

I think ythat friend link is v. good
often friends hearing that sort of thing are sat thinking'how do I respond, what do I say now' like seeing somone cry you just freeze. its good to have ideas on how to respond.

InmaculadaConcepcion Fri 06-May-11 15:02:17

Please add cases/threads you think would be pertinent as you spot them, thanks.

Here's one

(the raped cheerleader)

InmaculadaConcepcion Tue 10-May-11 09:39:07

This one raises some interesting and relevant points:

Slutwalk

IC this thread might be something to bring up especially as the BBC appear to be condoning, if not encouraging the who "women should watch what they dress so that they don't get raped" bullshit.

InmaculadaConcepcion Tue 10-May-11 19:35:33

Thanks for that HandDived - I was very pleased to see how clued up the majority of the posters are about the issue.
I'm less impressed with Jeremy Vine if he didn't challenge his callers' views more robustly. (not having heard the broadcast at this stage).

Prolesworth Thu 12-May-11 23:55:21

Message withdrawn

InmaculadaConcepcion Fri 13-May-11 12:42:19

Cheers Proles smile

InmaculadaConcepcion Fri 13-May-11 20:33:34

That's a good article, Proles - It's going to help me loads as I've had all sorts of bother trying to find a decent set of statistics to use in the blog.

Another cheers.

AyeRobot Sat 14-May-11 23:17:18

IC, great article on countering rape myths Could be very triggering as there is some rape detail, so use caution anyone clicking on the link. Most detailed and referenced article I've seen, I think.

InmaculadaConcepcion Sun 15-May-11 10:20:55

Thanks Aye, very interesting.

I hadn't really considered triggering before blush

I imagine the blog contains triggers all over the place, given its subject matter and content. Any thoughts on anything I should do about that, or is the blog sufficiently self-explanatory....??

InmaculadaConcepcion Sun 15-May-11 10:22:11

....and a technical thing. I haven't worked out how to link directly to a .pdf file confused - how do you do it?

Prolesworth Sun 15-May-11 14:04:53

Message withdrawn

Prolesworth Wed 18-May-11 01:21:34

Message withdrawn

Prolesworth Wed 18-May-11 11:54:59

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now