Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline/Lustral

(7 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Tue 16-Aug-05 23:50:49

Have been prescribed sertraline today, from past experience with ADs I have found that taking them at the right time of day helps. If it is going to make me sleepy I would prefer to take it at night. But on the packet it listed sleep disturbance as a possible side effect so therefore it may make more sense to take it in the morning.

I have searched archived threads already and although there was a lot of info there was nothing about this in particular. Although a few posters did mention that it made them drowsy which contrdicts what my doctor told me.

northerndad Wed 17-Aug-05 00:28:42

Hi twinset, you still up? I should be working, but if you want to chat I'm around for a while. Keep coming to this site and getting stuck, might aswell make myself useful, I know northerndad sounds daft, should change it to 'nice but dim'.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 17-Aug-05 19:27:23

Went to bed last night, but am around again now.

mummytosteven Fri 19-Aug-05 22:01:02

only felt drowsy when my dose was upped from 50 mg to 100 mg. Went back down to 50 mg and all was fine. I've never really noticed any difference whatever time of day I took these.

mumxfour Sat 20-Aug-05 01:31:57

hi there TwinSetAndPearls i have been on lustral/sertraline for years now, 100mg and now 50mg and I took them in the morn at same time everyday but since having a new baby I have been taking them all over the place at different times and have felt they are not working as they did before....I thank you for your thread as it is great to hear someone else on lustral and how they are feeling on it.

TwinSetAndPearls Sat 20-Aug-05 11:37:55

Thanks have been taking them at tea time, I feel drowsy but can't sleep, and when I do it is only for a few hours. But it has only been a few days so I will give it more time.

moozoboozobillynomates Sat 20-Aug-05 11:39:46

I am on them, and I found they disturbed my sleep for about 6 weeks, but now that seems to have settled down and I am getting more sleep. It's crap while it lasts, but is fairly short lived.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now