Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Peachyclair could do with some help and advice ...anyone???

(8 Posts)
sallystrawberry Mon 08-Aug-05 22:00:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachyClair Mon 08-Aug-05 22:07:15

Thanks Flossam. Any advice anyone? Esp. would like to know how it feels from his side, or if anyone else has been there?

jayzmummy Mon 08-Aug-05 22:11:09

Peachy....no advice to share as I have no experience of depression.

Have you got a SW due to your Ds's Aspergers? just wondered whether they may be able to help.

Thinking of you.

JMxx

PeachyClair Mon 08-Aug-05 22:14:47

Hiya JM, missed you lately!

Contacted SW but they aren't prioritizing AS at the mo, child protection only. Thought they were being useless, but on news that they are short of 167 social workers in the area, so something has to give?

Bit scared of SW TBH. Stupid I know- I spent years with HomeStart telling everybody (and meaning it!) that the fact they askied for help made them a GOOD MUM, now I'm scared of being judged!

PeachyClair Mon 08-Aug-05 22:17:15

Oh but should say, Dh's works association is HOPEFULLY funding BIBIC for us. We need it, Sam is at the point now where he spends half the day locked in the bathroom shouting (holidays = brother overload).

englishbeauty Mon 08-Aug-05 22:19:22

hi peachyclair, no advice, just wanted to say i was here for you. hope we can meet up soon!

jayzmummy Mon 08-Aug-05 22:19:48

Wish I had something constructive to offer but I havent.....sorry.

Do you think that it might be posible that DH could have undx AS? Im sure I read somewhere something about the number of adult males being dx with depression where later to be found from suffering with undx AS or ADHD....could you talk to your GP about your DH???

PeachyClair Mon 08-Aug-05 22:28:44

Thanks English, hope we can soon.

Jayz, someone else asked that, the answer is yes I think so. Apart from the fact that I have a history of almost marrying a chap with AS, he shows a lot of signs, but just isn't AWARE of them- he did that test by Sasha Baron Cohen's brother, and came out as deffo not, BUT his answers just looked so obviously WRONG to me. His brother is similar, MIL is OCD and his dad has AS signs too.

I was his first girlfriend too, when he was 27, whcih even i thought was unusual.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: