Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Don't know where to put myself

(7 Posts)
moo2 Wed 27-Jul-05 22:34:47

My husband and me had a big argument, he called me fat and lotsof really horrible names(I put on weight with dd1 and still haven't lost it) she is now 1. I am devastated as I always prided myself on the fact I had a husband who would never say hurtful things, hit me or do anything shitty like lots of my friends partners have done. I don't want to be in the same house as him and can't face him. I don't know what to do or where to go

dot1 Wed 27-Jul-05 22:39:30

Moo2 - sounds horrible - where are you/where's he? Has this come out of the blue or is it something that's been building up? Sorry - lots of questions, but I was just wondering if you're both knackered/under the weather or have lots of stress going on (other than a 1 year old to look after...)as from what you say it sounds unusual for your dh to act like that. Stress and exhaustion can put so much strain on people (speaking from experience...).

I'm so sorry it's happened though - can you stay where you are (i.e. on your own) for a while longer just to take a breather and hopefully your dh is realising what he's just done?

dot1 Wed 27-Jul-05 22:45:22

Moo2 - I've got to go to bed but hope you're OK - thinking of you.

moo2 Wed 27-Jul-05 22:48:36

thanks, both stressed, your kindness has just made me well up, he is downstairs, I am upstairs, just can;t believe he could be so cruel

dot1 Thu 28-Jul-05 22:07:34

Hi Moo2 - how are things today? Hope you're OK - have you managed to talk to your dh?

moo2 Mon 01-Aug-05 23:42:47

Thanks for caring, we haven't mentioned it since but bubbling under. How will I ever undress infront of him till I lose 2 stone?

dot1 Tue 02-Aug-05 22:29:39

Well, I'm still thinking about you and hoping things will somehow get back to normal - though it sounds like you need to get it out in the open somehow?

I know what you mean about the undressing thing - speaking as someone who could do with losing at least 3 stone... My dp doesn't see it as being horrible, although she worries about my health. Would love to lose some of it but my motivation/energy levels are so low it feels impossible.

Hope you're OK and don't be thinking you have to lose weight for him - it's that old cliche of doing it for yourself and not anyone else...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now