Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can anti-d's be taken during pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
LolliSweetiepie Tue 26-Jul-05 13:53:48

Can they? If not, when it the latest into the pregnancy can they be taken?

mum2mikey Tue 26-Jul-05 20:35:14

i took mine the whole way through

madmarchhare Tue 26-Jul-05 20:37:30

All the way through for me too. Watch out for BFing though, some are OK in pregnancy but not for BF which I found out to my detriment.

wino2 Sat 30-Jul-05 22:15:21

Took Prozac through both of my last two pregnancies. Fantastic stuff !!! Both children (4 and 2) intelligent and very happy. I really needed something during my first pregnancy but had a lousy midwife and had never heard of antenantal depression myself at the time. I was totally off my rocker all the way through this first pregnancy (surprised hubby didnt leave, not that he was very understanding !). Definately take them as advised. My prozac children (foetus's )are a lot more balanced, healthy and happy than my depressed child. !!!

mummytosteven Fri 05-Aug-05 12:44:10

depends on the individual circumstances - i.e. if risk to mum of untreated depression/effect on her quality of life outweighs possible risk of meds to the baby.

you can take SSRIs up to birth.

PiccadillyCircus Fri 05-Aug-05 12:45:12

I've been taking sertraline since I was 12 weeks pregnant (am currently 34 weeks). It is also all right for breast feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now